The Poptart Tragedy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
The infamous, facebook, Poptart Tragedy
The new English language, thanks to technology?
Make sure your sound is turned on ...

Edit: new link

[BBvideo 450,375:1hr4yzy8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tLgds1u6fyw#![/BBvideo:1hr4yzy8]

NinjaRatMama said:
Not so infamous, I never heard of it! and I have to say, Holly, that I could have gone my whole life without hearing that man talk!! :shock:

LOL
This is what I learned in school today :roll: ... I had never heard of it before either

It's a tragedy how the young spell these days. I make typos all the time but that's because I type too fast, not because I can't spell. How can one expect to become a professional when they can't even spell.

jorats said:
It's a tragedy how the young spell these days. I make typos all the time but that's because I type too fast, not because I can't spell. How can one expect to become a professional when they can't even spell.

This video is clearly making fun of the spelling.... but I agree with you that it is a tragedy how some spell these days.

It is basically illustrating how technology is altering spelling.
People are shortening words when texting one another and new conventions are being created.
In the long run, I wonder how it will impact the way in which words are spelled.

Since I am older, very poor, and do not text, etc as I do not have access to the technology, this is somewhat new to me but I thought was likely normal for most people on here. LOL
I posted it as I though it was funny.

I text a lot and I do use the shorter version for texting but I can see how the young can start to have trouble spelling. I know of a few young people who can't spell and many high school graduates too.
Technology is not helping this situation one bit.

P.s. on the topic of how text is changing the english language for the worse - our office takes claims from citizens regarding damage they feel the city if liable for, sometimes they bypass us and write the mayor directly. I kid you not, people are submitting things saying "I would like 2 submit a clame 4 damages did to my car when I ran over a pothole..." etc. Really people? How does anyone expect a person to take them seriously when they write like that? Aand to the friggin mayor of all people. It's truly sad.

I dunno wheather to laugh or cry lol! And ya I admit my spelling is questionable at times, its really just because I am lazy, I dont tend to caps my "I"s like i should, but its fact of the matter, pure laziness hehe! When it comes to important documentation, typing reports or essasys, i always take it seriously.

I am very much for full sentences and proper spelling, my work actually encourages us to use short form for everything and we even have an entire page on short form abbreviations. We can take a paragraph and turn it into a sentence. I find myself doing it more and more even outside of work :(

I have a wonderful contribution to this thread.

epic-fail-photos-music-fails-lett-me-taek-u-down-plx.png

Back