The Olympic Thread!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First gold to a Canadian on Canadian soil: Alexandre Bilodeau in mens freestyle (Moguls). It was an amazing performance. I've found myself to be quite the fan of the moguls now, so I was extremely excited to watch this one!

GRATS to CANADA! GO CANADA GO (for the gold!)

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Not only am I happy for the first gold won on Canadian soil but also that a Canadian beat the Canadian turned Austrailian that was favoured to win the gold :dance: :dance:

I love the moguls too bust mostly because when they wipe out, they wipe out good :laugh4: hehehe I is so nice!

smilez_n_hugs said:
Not only am I happy for the first gold won on Canadian soil but also that a Canadian beat the Canadian turned Austrailian that was favoured to win the gold :dance: :dance:

Agreed!! That was an incredible run by Alexandre Bilodeau - Goooo Canada! :dance:

Generally, I love sports! But theses olympic games are not blowing my socks off. I'll be watching hockey but that's about it and I totally agree with little devils (Simone from LMR).

BuddhaBelly said:
smilez_n_hugs said:

Agreed!! That was an incredible run by Alexandre Bilodeau - Goooo Canada! :dance:

The thing that bugged me was that the Austrlians thena rgued that the voting was in favour of Canada and that Dale should have won! Even though Alex not only did a more dificult trick but also had a better time!

Either way, GO CANADA GO!

smilez_n_hugs said:
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: Maelle Ricker wins the gold in women's snowboard cross!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I saw! So awesome :D She totally kicked BUTT!

I watched men's curlingthi morning and we're already doing better than the Norwegians (who are expected to take gold) so hopefully another gold there!

GO CANADA GO! (I need to gt me some Olympic Mittens)

We are kicking some butt in Hockey! The women play their third game tonight against the Sweds! Going to be a good game!

As long as we get gold in Womens and Mens' hockey I'll be happy. That's all I care about lol

lindsayfawn said:
We are kicking some butt in Hockey! The women play their third game tonight against the Sweds! Going to be a good game!

As long as we get gold in Womens and Mens' hockey I'll be happy. That's all I care about lol

At first, that's all I cared about, but I REALLY got into the moguls for both genders! I've watched and rewatched reruns of the event over and over, and am now curious as to how I go about finding this sport to watch online!

I also really enjoys the 'boarding, but I know where to watch that already :D

lindsayfawn said:
Mens hockey win's against the swiss!!!!!!!!!!! 3-2 in a shoot out! What an intense game!

Yep, gotta admit it was a good game!

I've watched to Olympic Winter Games since way back in the 60's. I'm sorry to say this is the worst one ever. I absolutely hate CTV's cheesy spotlights on the athletes - I feel sorry for them having to do those spots. I think those spotlight contributed to the pressure they're all caving in to now. And the attitude of the reporters pisses me off. When Jennifer Heil won the silver the CTV reporter who interviewed her was talking like she was at a funeral and should be in mourning. The american reporters at NBC are being much kinder and generous to our athletes and try to put a positive spin on their individual results. And by the way, NBC has been doing some wonderful and positive spotlights on Canada and Canadian culture. Much more enjoyable to watch then CTV's cheesy soap opera athlete spotlights. :sick2:

I'm not even going to start on all the technical, scheduling and equipment screw ups. :gaah:

I'm most dissapointed in the turn that men's figure skating has taken. My thoughts are very similar to what Elvis Stojko wrote in Yahoo Sports today.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/olympics/van ... &type=lgns
I could barely watch while the men were wildly throwing their arms and torso's aroung trying to look artistic while they did their footwork. Truly painful. Not to say that there's no place for artistic merit but geesh! (Stephne Lambier from Switzerland was the package deal - the beauty of ballet combined with strengh and power of excellent jumps - if it were up to me he would have the gold medal.) And when it comes to figure skating I'm not an armchair critic - my daughter was a competitive figure skater (who went to nationals twice) so I've lived in that life.

I wish we could all go back to Calgary..... now THAT was an Olympics!!

:D we won a gold! lol

I hate sports, and never watch anything related to it, but my mum had the olympics on tv just now and it was good to see a win ^^

ryelle said:
:D we won a gold! lol

I hate sports, and never watch anything related to it, but my mum had the olympics on tv just now and it was good to see a win ^^

I'm the same... but I do get caught up in it when there is a win.

Got my dad infected with the olympic fever. He went out and bought an official olympic hat the day after I got my mittens, and has been watching them nonstop. My poor mom must be so bored (she only enjoys the skating and moguls) lol.

Omg we beat you in hockey! Just the fact that we won against you is great! I mean it's YOUR sport! You guys can have the gold as long as the next time we play each other is as AWESOME as this game was! best hockey game I've ever seen! Wow!

Back