The FERRET KINGDOM™ (a.k.a. my new cage!)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la_marée_haute

Well I am one very very excited rat owner. A few minutes ago I paid for this cage!

Which is basically the Australian version of the FN. Even though it was a large fraction of my birthday money, I am thrilled. My boys are going to be super spoiled. (I only have two by the way... :giggle:, so much room for such a little rat "colony"!)

I shall definitely take pictures when it arrives, and well... once I put it together and decorate it. :doh: :panic:

So upon first impressions, what do you think? Would it be a cage that you'd consider purchasing yourself (keeping in regard the very low price)?

Anyway... eeeee! Happyhappyhappy! :joy: The next few days are going to go by sloooooowly!

*Edit* Just got some feedback from an (as far as I have heard) excellent breeder who says--
I have had this cage for a few months now and it is great. Once my babies are weaned I have been using it for them. It can even hold those peskie 5 week olds who can usually get through almost any bar spacing! hehe
That really gives me piece of mind. I'm even more excited now. :nod:

Haha, I had a hunch that the bar spacing was much smaller! Wait... no, actually someone mentioned it at the AusRFS forum a while back come to think of it, haha. I wasn't interested though as the prices that people were throwing around were let's just say RIDICULOUSLY expensive compared to what I paid.

Anyway... yay! I can't believe I'll have a better cage than Jo! LOL! I'll tell ya time is going even slower at the moment.

I'm sure! There are constant complaints about the FN's bar spacing, aren't there?

*Edit* Oh, Jo... you won't believe this... but (I think) all of the auctions for the "FK" (lol, I so started that) that are NOT Buy It Now's ship to America if you or anyone else is interested! Click. :D

And if you type in "Ferret Kingdom" at eBay.com.au you're going to find more (and as you may have noticed they're all from the same store which is the only place that makes them, so there will always be auctions).

I'd be a bit worried myself about the cost of shipping, though. LOL

Just for curiosity's sake, I emailed to ask about the cost of shipping to Canada.... might be more than the cage! Always a good excuse to go down for a holiday and bring back overbaggage!

(I used to be a normal woman that brought extra baggage after clothes shopping.... last time it was a bag of rat food)

LOL @ Godmother.

Yeah.... I have a penpal in Australia from 4th grade. I wonder if I could convince her to take a trip to Canada? Hehehe

You also need to consider how much the AU dollar is in comparison to the Canadian dollar. It's not pretty, LOL

Then it has changed recently. Last time I checked there was at least a 50 cent difference.. which, on 300 bucks is a pretty big difference, LOL

Oh, well that sucks! How stupid! LOL

And yeah, if you live almost ANYWHERE but Australia and you buy from Australia you're going to save money. But if Australian's want to buy anything from almost ANYWHERE else we're gonna be wasting money. Lol.

So I wasn't worried about that for you guys...

Back