Tabitha:Update: Sept 28, 2015

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight I have come to the conclusion Tabi does have a PT:
After just three days, Tabi cannot hold and eat a piece of cookie anymore, she forgets she is eating, and she just lies around like a lump, which is very atypical of her. I fed her baby cereal tonight and she will be going in to the vet's tomorrow where I hope to get her some dex and start her on some Cabergoline.

Tabi went to the vet's yesterday. She was pretty well reduced to a potato with legs in four short days. She got a shot of Dex and started on Cabergoline, and I syringe fed her some baby food. Today she has bounced back a bit and is mobile again and seems more 'there'. I'll be happy when she shows more ability to eat on her own. That reminds me - I'd better start soaking the blocks again...

I'm so sorry to hear that our little Tabi has developed PT. :(
But I'm happy to hear that she is responding to the meds! Who knows, she may just live a lot longer. Her son Squirt celebrated his second birthday yesterday (guesstimated) so she must be nearing 3 years right? According to her past owners anyway.
love Tabi. She couldn't have asked for a better owner. ♡

Tabi has responded quite well to her meds, and has been upgraded from potato status to real rat again. On the downside, once again I have found more mammary tumors growing on both sides. *SIGH*
Alas, there will be no more surgeries for our little lady. I hold out hope that the PT will take her before the mammary tumors take over her body. There is no winning - she is just a little tumor factory. Oh Tabi....

Poor Tabi, she sure got the short end of the straw in the health department. Glad to hear she is responding to the PT meds, sad about more tumors though - that poor girl. I'll keep her in my thoughts ♥

Tabi is exploring the room again during out time and is very active. She was actually in full blown heat a couple of days ago with vibrating ears and butt in the air and all :eek:mg2:
I think her hormones are all screwed up and that's why she's popping all these tumours too.
Any way, I'll take whatever time I can with her. :)

Oh Tabi. Well that's great news. So glad to hear she's enjoying herself. It must be a relief to see that she's got her bounce back. Every moment is precious eh. She really is a lovely girl. If you can sneak us any more pics of her I'll be your best friend forever :thumbsup:

Hi all,
I thought I would update you on Tabi. She is amazingly still with us. She is on Dex daily and Cabergoline every third day. She still shuffles around the rat room although her belly is so big her back legs stick out sideways! Her teeth are a bit messed up, so I soak blocks for her every day.
I made apple crisp last week so I let her lick the bowl. LOL

image.jpg

Aw, she's got spirit hasn't she. She's like a cute little fluffy cloud! I love her little face and the fact that she got to lick the bowl lol. The nakie peering in made me giggle.

Back