So many cages!!!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melon_mayhem

So im looking to get a new cage for my ratties but i dont want to spend a to of money.

I've found a couple that i like which would you choose??

The Rat Skyscraper (R-695)
r-695.jpg

or

The Ruud Cage (R-699)
r-699.jpg

I only have 2 rats so i dont think that i need anything huge, but what do you all think?
Should i just keep looking??

Martins cages are truly fabulous. If you are not looking at having a large number of rats, you do NOT need the Ruud, LOL. It's pretty ginormous.

The 695 is a great cage for a few rats, and I think they automatically make them with the larger doors now :D

The extra money on powdercoating is entirely worth it, as galvanized cages are nearly impossible to clean completely as the urine soaks in.

Christie said:
You could always get a CN or even a FN.
i think she only has a few ratties... not that that's a bad thing, as i have only two girls in a FN, but i doubt she needs that much space... (i could be wrong) also she said she doesn't want to spend a lot...

*edit* i didn't even think of single FN's or CN's. :doh:

Martins cages are made very well and they're a great company who needs support even more than the huge companies like midwest.

Also, the R695 is cheaper than a single level CN.

I would love to get an FN or a CN but as mentioned im a little limited on my pocket book :wink: but my ratties do however need a new cage. So everything is an option but if i went for an FN or CN it would have to be a rattie christmas present :nod:
I may also look into a martin (used possibly) but who knows i just wanted to see what everyone thought about them!

Thanks for the replies everyone

A powdercoated R-695, definitely.

Or, if you don't plan to get more than two rats, a powdercoated R-680 is definitely sufficient. :) And would be cheaper.

Thanks Moon!
As soon as i get accepted to goosemoose (i've been waiting over a month to get in) i'll take a look on there and try and get something out of it.

melon_mayhem said:
Thanks Moon!
As soon as i get accepted to goosemoose (i've been waiting over a month to get in) i'll take a look on there and try and get something out of it.

What is the deal with Goosemoose anyway? I tried to sign up for it in April and it still says waiting for administrators approval or something like that. :wallbang:

i've just heard that they only resently started dealing with the issues even though they've been happening for months. I guess the people that made goosemoose are busy so they haven't had time...hopefully that issue will get sorted out.

Lise said:
A powdercoated R-695, definitely.

Or, if you don't plan to get more than two rats, a powdercoated R-680 is definitely sufficient. :) And would be cheaper.

I have thought of that model also but i think that my rats get super bored sometimes and it happens really quick even when i change their things all the time. So thats why i was thinking about the larger cage so that they can have more room to run and do other rattie like things :giggle:

Back