SnuggleSafe?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have two snuggle safes and LOVE them. Before I got mine, we'd warm up old subq bottles. But they only stay warm a couple of hours. The snuggle safes stay warm for about 8 hours.

We used them non stop for my boy Jim when he was elderly. Without his warm fleecy bed, he would get cold in his legs and arms. I think that snuggle safe kept him going a lot longer than he would have, without. We just warmed it up, both morning and night and he was always warm.

We use them post surgery too.

I have a knock-off magic bag I bought at either wal-mart or zellers, are they the same thing I wonder? I read the description on the site and it sounds like it's the same kind of product. I was looking for something to put in the cages in the winter to help in the evenings (we have a wood stove that likes to go out around midnight). If Tarah orders one I may too, depending on the shipping and whatnot.

A magic bag type product would be easily chewed through. The Snuggle Safe is plastic and has been tested for pet safety.

Oh wow, I forgot to update this thread! They are here! So I will bring them to the 'fest and whatever is left over I'll post on the forum.

They technically cost me just under $36 each but for the sake of ease I'll take $35 at the Fest, if you don't have a loonie handy. The more exact change that is brought, the better, though! Who knows how long my fivers will hold out.

just wanted to say thanks for getting us such a great deal. though i have a feeling i might be using it more than any of my pets :giggle:

I've been looking for something like this for such a long time. I'll be using mine when I bring my rats to the vets in the winter.
Thanks Moon!!!
BTW, do you want to do a post up in Garage Sale area if you have more for people to buy?

You are welcome Kim and Jo!

I still have... 10 that are up for selling, and will probably do a garage sale post in the nearish future... but I'm lazy and whatnot.

If you want one, PM me and things can be worked out, I'm sure.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how long they generally stay warm for?
On the website it says "When heated in a standard microwave oven, the Thermapol® heats to a hot liquid that stabilizes at roughly 52°C (124°F) and maintains this heat for up to 8 hours." ..does anyone have a better idea?

I went and stroked Sid yesterday afternoon and he was really cold. I have a bean bag that you heat up in the microwave, it came back with Patrick after his neuter and i forgot to take it back to the vets, so i gave it to him yesterday and he slept on top of it (bless :( ) but the problem i have is that it only really stays warm for about an hour to an hour and a half. I feel bad if he gets cold in the middle of the night after his bean bag has gone cold. It was FREEZING last night, and its only going to get worse.
Id just like to give him the option of warmth. He has three small fleece blankets in there but i dont think its enough

Mine are good for hourse and hours...i use it more for travel so I don't try it for 8 hours. BUT if you would like me to heat it up and then go out for the day I can?

lilspaz68 said:
Mine are good for hourse and hours...i use it more for travel so I don't try it for 8 hours. BUT if you would like me to heat it up and then go out for the day I can?

if you want, if its not too much trouble of course lol. Its just a bit expensive for me atm if it doesn't hold the heat in long, but if it works then i will buy one. The bean bag i have is ok for travel but for longer periods of time its no good. I had to re-microwave it 3 times last night and then the beans inside let off a funny smell and i dont want him trying to eat through the blanket and bag to find out whats inside

i know mine stayed warm for a while, not sure about 12 hours but it kept my burgers and then me warm at the drive in. :giggle:

Back