She's giving birth! *My wittle boy at 4 weeks!*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la_marée_haute

The mama of my two first ratty boys is giving birth as I speak! So far (and she ain't finished)... 16!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

I am soooooo excited! The breeder who I will be getting them from is letting me have first dibs, too! I guess I'll have many bubs to choose from! :D (Oh and the parents are Mink Standards, I think, and the dad is veeeery squishy which excites me! Haha. I forget the other details of their lines right now because I'm so thrilled. :oops:)

I look forward to sharing pics when my boys are at least more than a day old (lol), and then more pics and also stories will be to come when they're with me. :) :) - I'll update this thread whenever I can.

I'm Laura, by the way! I haven't introduced myself until now just because I have been anticipating this birth and I thought this would be a better time than ever. As I said, these will be my first rats, but don't fret! I know all there is to know, I have been researching for almost 2 years now. I am more than ready. I will be doing everything I can within my means to keep them happy, healthy and loved. ;)

Laura
(Cross-posted at some other rodent forums)

Hi Laura!

CongRATS on the babies. Wow, 16 so far... What's the last count?

So you've decided on boys. :D Very sweet... can't wait to see pics.

:balloons3:

Thanks so much everyone. I'm happy to be here!

Yep, boys all the way for me. :D I'm sure girls are fun, but boys match my personality more. :roll:

17 bubs!!!!! :p Let's hope mama doesn't cull any. Send good luck vibes!

ritalitter13hrsold.jpg

(Looks like there are ruby and black-eyed bubs, by the way! I'm hoping that I can get one of each! :D)

Hi everybody! No second pic yet, but I have an update. ALL 17 bubs are doing fantastic! All big and fat with milk tummies. Mama is feeding around the clock apparently. :)

lilspaz68 said:
Healthy chubby eepers...my heart melts. :)

Do you have pics of the parents?
I have a small pic of the dad:

stars.jpg

And two of his brothers (first is a Mink Hooded, second a Cinnamon DU Hooded):

stripes1.jpg

websass.jpg

I don't have a picture of the mum yet, sorry. But she is a Mink Hooded as well. :)

Adorable plump babies! Love the dad and uncles, too. Looking forward to lots of photos of the babies as they develop.

Really, there would be a lot of rat-napping going on if it weren't such a long way to Down Under! I love the look of cinnamons......

Back