Secret Santa 2011

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lj

Join us again this year for the 4th annual Rat Shack Secret Santa.

Canadians: Please PM MomRat with your info.

Americans: Please PM me.

We will need your basic information, name, address, etc. Number of rats you have. Sexes. And anything on their wishlists.

I will keep the secret santas within the same country for customs purposes. We will be spending approximately $20-$25 (not including shipping).

Everyone that is interested will need to have all their information to us by November 1st.

FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

Oh how exciting! I will definitely be doing this. I've done secret santas on other forums, it will be interesting to see how it is done on here.

I unfortunately didn't receive my secret Santa gift last year. :(
I dunno if I want to participate.
Half the fun is waiting to see what your ratties will get as pressies.
I was kinda bummed I didn't get mine.
I'll think about it and let Momrat know.

MissGuardian said:
I wish I could too*sigh* :worry:

can you not join because you can't afford to, Helen or is it because it appears to be only for US and Canada?

can only ppl in the US and Canada join? could there be a group for ppl outside these two countries?

not sure how many members there are outside of US and Canada....

I can tell you, for those who may be concerned, that it's not a *lot* more expensive to ship to Norway, I've sent hammocks over a couple of times and I'd say it was maybe a couple of dollars more than it cost to ship to Canada.

Petunia said:
MissGuardian said:
I wish I could too*sigh* :worry:

can you not join because you can't afford to, Helen or is it because it appears to be only for US and Canada?

can only ppl in the US and Canada join? could there be a group for ppl outside these two countries?

not sure how many members there are outside of US and Canada....

I can tell you, for those who may be concerned, that it's not a *lot* more expensive to ship to Norway, I've sent hammocks over a couple of times and I'd say it was maybe a couple of dollars more than it cost to ship to Canada.
Since it seems like it´s only US and Canada, and I guess nobody would want to be my ss..

I could be wrong, But I think they found a way to include people in other countries last year

let's ask

I can't join this year, myself, but if I could, I would love to be your SS

maybe next year I'll be in better shape financially, it sounds like a lot of fun!

Petunia said:

This is the US mail...
I think in Canada we have to pay so much more for shipping :(

Anyone know where to get international shipping information?

I ran one on another forum and gave a questionairre asking people if they would be willing to ship out of country, a fair amount of people agreed to. Doing it that way if you decide to allow missguardian to join she won't know who is sending her gift.

For the US, all you have to do is go on USPS's postage price calculator. I'd assume there is something similar on the canadian royal mails website?

I wish we had the Royal Mail site - it's honestly less hard to get rates out of it than our Canada Post... lol But I did manage to get water out of the stone!

Anyway, a 6x6x6 inch package, at 1 kg, Small Packet International Surface, to Norway from, just as a reference point, my postal code, would be $15.02
8x8x8 inch parcel weighing 1.5 kg would be $21.07

It appears to be by weight, as an 8x8x8 parcel at 1 kg is $15.02

Personally, I'd be happy to be in the running to be MissGuardian's SS :D Just as I'm happy to be anyone else's SS!

Petunia said:

well, my memory is really really bad, sorry! :oops:

I checked the shipping cost for the same size pkg (I used 2lbs for an example) from the US to Canada and it's $9.66 for first class, size restrictions apply
to send the same pkg to Norway it would be $18.55 (I should know this, the pkg I just mailed to you Helen cost over $20 to ship :? )

Canada Post's website is less helpful, they give you an estimate but say that the actual postage can vary "depending"- and basically you won't know til you bring the pkg in, what it's gonna cost
:stickpoke:

but I did find that a 2lb pkg from NS (where my best friend lives) to NH is roughly $12.41 to ship

and sending a 2lb pkg from NS to Norway would be around $15.02

doesn't really help much if you won't know til you get to the PO what the actual charge will be, but that gives you a starting point

M0onkist said:
I wish we had the Royal Mail site - it's honestly less hard to get rates out of it than our Canada Post... lol But I did manage to get water out of the stone!

Anyway, a 6x6x6 inch package, at 1 kg, Small Packet International Surface, to Norway from, just as a reference point, my postal code, would be $15.02
8x8x8 inch parcel weighing 1.5 kg would be $21.07

It appears to be by weight, as an 8x8x8 parcel at 1 kg is $15.02

Personally, I'd be happy to be in the running to be MissGuardian's SS :D Just as I'm happy to be anyone else's SS!

oops I didn't see your post! I used a pkg that was 20 by 8 by 6 (for US first class the limit is a circumference of 36 inches so that's why I chose those dimensions)
and the 2 lbs for wt

I sent 11 hammocks to Helen that weighed 2lbs 1.4 oz and they charged me $20.34

so, it's not totally outrageous, but it is a bit more than shipping from the US to Canada

I get pkgs from my friend in NS all the time and I am always shocked by what she has to pay for postage, it's about double what I would pay for the same size pkg.

shipping to Norway doesn't seems too bad in comparison!

Yes SS gift will be rat related. It is supposed to be a gift for the rats. You may include a gift for the owner as well.

Anyone can participate. This means you as well MissGuardian. I guess my fingers clicked post faster than I typed. The majority of the forum members are from Canada. I will compile the list of every other member that wants to participate that is NOT from Canada. So Canadians, please PM MomRat and everyone else, please PM me.

Sharlee, I'm sorry that you didn't get your present last year. I was never notified. Does MomRat know who was supposed to send you a gift? I also know that someone else got a very small gift and I mailed her out a homemade hammock. I wish I knew, because I would have done something for you as well.....

As far as international shipping.....I will try to pair up people that are in the same portion of the world. If not, I'm sure someone will gladly ship something internationally.

lj said:
As far as international shipping.....I will try to pair up people that are in the same portion of the world. If not, I'm sure someone will gladly ship something internationally.

Absolutely, there's been international trades before :)

lj said:
Yes SS gift will be rat related. It is supposed to be a gift for the rats. You may include a gift for the owner as well.

Anyone can participate. This means you as well MissGuardian. I guess my fingers clicked post faster than I typed. The majority of the forum members are from Canada. I will compile the list of every other member that wants to participate that is NOT from Canada. So Canadians, please PM MomRat and everyone else, please PM me.

Sharlee, I'm sorry that you didn't get your present last year. I was never notified. Does MomRat know who was supposed to send you a gift? I also know that someone else got a very small gift and I mailed her out a homemade hammock. I wish I knew, because I would have done something for you as well.....

My S.S has a had a hell of a year with a lot of her family, including her self being diagnosed with cancer.
I feel like crap complaining about a stupid gift knowing this.

Back