Sad news for Willow and Alice

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsayfawn

Ang and I feel really bad...we called the vet and will be taken in Willow and Alice in on Thursday afternoon to be pts :cry3: It's a really hard decision because we love them sooo much but their quality of life has gone down the hole. Willow is losing mobility in her legs even more so then she had before. She can't even itch herself. She has stopped eating all together and just sleeps all day in the top floor in the house. And poor Alice has two new tumors that we just found by her legs :( One is about a little bigger then a big pea and the other is a bit smaller. Her breathing issues have not improved and to be honest even with a change in meds she'd be suffering with the already massive tumour and two new tumors. She just lays in the hammack all day because she's so uncomfortable.
It's so hard because they still have life in them but at the same time they can't do anything and are having a hard time doing simple tasks.
It's heartbreaking to make such a crappy decision...it doesn't seem fair. :cry3:

I am so sorry .......it is such a hard decision to make. You have to trust yourself. You love your ratties very much.....and will only do what is best for them.

:cry3: Linds and Ang... I'm so sorry :sad3: , I know that this was a very tough decision for you. We are here for you and even though your decision was tough it is the right one. :hugs: :hugs:

What Willow is like at the minute is what my boy Harvey was like when i decided to have him pts. Its so heartbreaking :(

Sorry you have to go through with it, but you know it is for the best :( Making a decision like that is the most unselfish thing to do. Its a very brave decision :hugs: :sad3:

lindsayfawn said:
Ang and I feel really bad...we called the vet and will be taken in Willow and Alice in on Thursday afternoon to be pts :cry3: It's a really hard decision because we love them sooo much but their quality of life has gone down the hole. Willow is losing mobility in her legs even more so then she had before. She can't even itch herself. She has stopped eating all together and just sleeps all day in the top floor in the house. And poor Alice has two new tumors that we just found by her legs :( One is about a little bigger then a big pea and the other is a bit smaller. Her breathing issues have not improved and to be honest even with a change in meds she'd be suffering with the already massive tumour and two new tumors. She just lays in the hammack all day because she's so uncomfortable.
It's so hard because they still have life in them but at the same time they can't do anything and are having a hard time doing simple tasks.
It's heartbreaking to make such a crappy decision...it doesn't seem fair. :cry3:

From the look of their situations, you and Ang are doing the best thing you can for your girls.

When they are suffering and can't even exercise the basic necessities, then there is no quality of life.

I would just hope that the vet puts them in the same chamber so that they can "fall asleep" together before getting their injections.

Your babies have had such a good life with you Sweetie. Their little suitcases are jam packed with pictures of you and Ang to decorate their cloud with. :love6: (of course they will be sharing a cloud!!! A HUGE cloud with a direct view of both the rainbow and the reflecting lake!) :bunnydance:

:heart: :rose: :love6:

Never feel bad for doing the kindest thing you can for your loved ones Sweetie. Letting little souls leave a body that no longer allows for quality of life is the most selfless thing you can do. There is no guilt to be had Lindsay. Your girls will remember your kindness and will be there to see you again. :love6:

Thanks guys :hugs: Thursday is going to be a long day :(...I think we know we're doing the right thing but at the same time it's so hard 'cause I don't want them to leave us.

jennifervb said:
lindsayfawn said:

From the look of their situations, you and Ang are doing the best thing you can for your girls.

When they are suffering and can't even exercise the basic necessities, then there is no quality of life.

I would just hope that the vet puts them in the same chamber so that they can "fall asleep" together before getting their injections.

Your babies have had such a good life with you Sweetie. Their little suitcases are jam packed with pictures of you and Ang to decorate their cloud with. :love6: (of course they will be sharing a cloud!!! A HUGE cloud with a direct view of both the rainbow and the reflecting lake!) :bunnydance:

:heart: :rose: :love6:

Never feel bad for doing the kindest thing you can for your loved ones Sweetie. Letting little souls leave a body that no longer allows for quality of life is the most selfless thing you can do. There is no guilt to be had Lindsay. Your girls will remember your kindness and will be there to see you again. :love6:

I completely agree. :heart: :sad3:

thanks guys.. its hard to think with the head instead of the heart sometimes.. i think it would be nice if the vet would put them in the chamber together.. we got them together the same day at the same time.. and they should go together the same day same time.. just seems right.
they sure are a joy in our life.. a couple shining stars. :heart: :heart:

:hugs: You are doing the right thing for them. :sad3: It will be a sad day, but we'll all be here for you guys.

So sorry you are having to go through this. The decision is never easy, but be at peace knowing you are making the right decision. You gave this wonderfull girls a great life. :hugs:

Back