Roquefort finally on Zithro

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh... tooth abscesses are hard to treat. That poor boy, he's been through the ringer and back. All the meds he's been on shouldn't have allowed a simple abscess to develop.
My Jasper had severe respiratory distress as well as malocclusion. He too developed a mass on his chin but it was right in the bone and figured it was cancer... not good news no matter what it is.

jorats said:
Ugh... tooth abscesses are hard to treat. That poor boy, he's been through the ringer and back. All the meds he's been on shouldn't have allowed a simple abscess to develop.
My Jasper had severe respiratory distress as well as malocclusion. He too developed a mass on his chin but it was right in the bone and figured it was cancer... not good news no matter what it is.

I'm keeping a close eye on him Jo. :hugs:

The bump appears to be shrinking. He has been on Meloxicam for two days and has another three days to go.

He is getting his baby food mash 3-4 times a day and although he is thin, he seems to be more active and alert.

As long as there is no suffering, I will plug on with my little man. When he starts showing signs of suffering, I will help my precious little man to the bridge. I won't have my boys suffer. :rose:

That's really good news about the mass. It could be that it's an abscess that flared up so fast but now the meds are getting through.
I agree, if there is no suffering, you fight the fight with your baby.

Back