Rizzo's litter Day 24 pics up!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would be a fun road trip if we had our passports to meet you half way lol

Rizzo has been such a B*^%$ so it's been hard to get the babies out. I swear she loves the taste of my blood. Once she's out of the cage she's the sweetest rat. But in the cage she's like 666 lol

The babies are 24 days old today. They are so freakin cute and have such great personalities. I'm in love. Especially with two boys Fival and Fertelli. They have the best personalities.

We ended up giving them all names just to make it easier.

Boy-Joxer

Girl- Rue

Girl- Hariot Potter ...yes she was named that because of her lightening bolt lol

Boy- Granger

Girl- Flora

Boy- Fival

Boy- Fertelli

Ang getting baby cuddles

Me with an armful of babies

oh... oh man. I JUST secured three girls who are coming to move in with me in two weeks, and I STILL want to gobble up your sweet, sweet baby girls. You are gonna be the death of me! :thud: gosh, Hariet Potter just stole my heart and stashed it with her lab blocks. And Flora.. those EARS!!

and hey, since Rizzo is only bitey in the cage, hopefully once the babies grow up she will snap out of it pretty easily! sucks for your poor hands, but what a good mama!

Auggh!! Major thud time!! :thud:

How freaking adorable does it get?? I am in love also. And I am very jealous of you and Ang, getting to have lottababies cuddle time with those sweet wee ones! I would kill to have little baby pile time! :cloud9:

Flora...oh my gosh...those EARS, and that face. I want to gobble her up so bad. :heart: :heart: Babies just don't get any sweeter than your lovely bunch!

I think you should keep Fival and Fertelli... simply because they were the two I had my eyes on and it would make things so much easier for me if they weren't available! lol

I haven't been around for a while. Things have just been one after the other.

Turns out Fival is a girl not a boy. Not sure how we missed that but she tricked us all.

Granger took a turn for the worse suddenly. He wasn't feeling good a couple days ago and seemed to be stuffy all of a sudden. Then the next day he was open mouth gasping. We gave him meds and did what we could. He passed away in my hands this morning :(

It has been a very hard couple of Days for MRRG. With Granger passing away, then I got an email this am too that Madonna passed away (one of the foster rats), then I got a frantic text that Rocky had a degloved tail. To add to all of that our African Clawed frog is dying and we just found a large tumour on Sprocket's spine.

To say the least I'm exhausted and stressed to the max. We've lost another foster home so I have to bring Jackson and Splunk here. Just seems to be bad after bad after bad.

The rest of the babies seem to be doing well. We though Flora was going to lose her eye. She had quite the wound on it but it has been getting better thankfully. I will try and get some new pictures of them soon. All the babies are available for adoption now. Their mother is still a b*&^% so she won't be available till I can get the biting under control.

Oh, wow.. I am so sorry that everythings so difficult right now. Even though I have never physically seen, or met these babies, I am writing this through watery eyes, in shock over the sudden death of little Granger. What is important though, is that his life, though short, was full of love and happiness, and he will never have to know the pain that some rats do. I sincerely, sincerely really wish I could take your baby girls and lighten your load.

I will certainly be praying for good news, swift healing, and lots of adoptions for you.

I am also so sad to hear about Granger, I am so very sorry. But yes, he did have such a wonderful life of love and comfort, even though it was a short life. He only knew happiness while he was here. I wish you all the best with your babies and I know things will turn around for you soon. Hang in there. :hugs:

I'm so sorry about all the bad news! Some people wonder how we can get attached to these little animals, but it can tear your heart out to lose them, even when they've only been in your life for a short time.
Hang in there, it will get better again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life has been kinda bla. I haven't gotten any new pics of the babies. They're pretty busy and hard to get pictures of.

Some good news at least. The boys are going for a neuter (thanks Velma!) this friday and they and two of their sisters will be adopted together!

So that just leaves two girls. We're still working with Rizzo. We introduced Rizzo and her babies to our girls and it went well so they're all living togther. One less cage to clean.

Rizzo is pretty bossy but at least I haven't gotten bit in a while lol

I'm so glad they are getting homes! Does this mean they are going to Velma as well? Or is she just funding the venture?
Rizzo must have lost her taste for blood. LOL

Back