Rizzo's litter Day 24 pics up!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsayfawn

I rescued a girl two days ago. She was listed as being snake food because she wasn't friendly.

As soon as I saw her when I picked her up I knew she was preggo. She was huge!

She had 7 babies last night. All look really good with nice milk bellies. She's very protective of them so we're trying to leave her alone as much as possible. She got Ang pretty good last night.

The rescue is over full now with these 7 babies. We won't be able to take in any more rescues till we get some adoptions going. Hopefully things will start to pick up now that summer is getting to a close.

Anyways here is a couple of pictures of Rizzo and the babies.

Day 1 July 31, 2013

Just beautiful, mother and kiddos both! I :heart: babies! (Who doesn't?) Best of luck and good health to your new clan! :)

I'm so glad you got her - it was just in the nick of time!

I hope that adoptions will pick up once people are back from summer vacation and ready to settle down for a bit.

We might have Jackson and Splunk adopted. Just waiting for my friend to talk it over with her hubby.

The babies are doing really well. All have great milk bellies and look strong and healthy. Rizzo is eating everything I give her. She was loving the plum this morning.

For some reason she had one baby away from the others in a total different location. I had to change her cage where she chewed holes in the main blanket. Didn't want anyone to get stuck. I put the baby back with the others.

She is extremely protective of her babies. I had to put a blanket over her to pick her up so I could change the cage. lol I was putting food in her cage last night and she got me pretty good.

Day 2

Aww, just beautiful! I am glad the babies are doing well. And what a great Mom Rizzo is! Very protective of her lil ones. Loved the photos!

It's great she's so protective of her babies, but hard on you at the same time. I wonder if there is something wrong with the baby she moved away from the others...

The babies are 4 days old. I haven't tried to sex them yet. We did make progress today though. She willingly came into my hands when I had them by the cage for her to crawl into.

She has quite the nest lol

All the babies seem to be fine. Not sure why she had that one away from the others.

What a comfy looking home for her babies! They are just such cuties...their dark markings are starting to show. I can't wait to see them get bigger and start to show their colors. So precious!

Back