Rizzo's litter Day 24 pics up!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GrayLightNewDay said:
Do they all have high-white markings? It's seriously a shame that the mega colon is predominant with those types of markings, because they are insanely gorgeous!!! I want ALL of the girls, haha.

Yeah they all have high white markings. Once they start eating solid food we'll be keeping a close eye on them to make sure they're ok. So far so good. Everyone looks healthy. They're starting to get closer to leaving the nest lol I dunno how Rizzo feels about that.

I have to ask, what is high white markings? And why does that seems like its not such a good thing from some of the postings I've read especially when it comes to breeding? (Not breeding any here - have all boys just wondering)

These babies are beyond cute!

High white is when you see a lot of white on a rat. It's like the pigment didn't reach all of the rat and stops short, so you have blazes, head spots and lots of white on the sides. Megacolon seems to be very common in high white rats.

The babies are doing really well. We've upgraded them to a bigger cage and they're starting to explore. They're loving banana mash and baby cereal.

They had some out time on the bed last night with their Mom. Rizzo is doing well. She'll come into my hands now but I still can't put my hands in the cage when she's in there. She got me good again the other day 'cause I moved to fast for her.

Day 18

They love these chew tigs. They were carrying them back to the nest lol

Rizzo

Oh my gosh, how absolutely adorable are these kiddos?? Your babies are just lil dreamboats! I never get tired of baby ratty pictures! Thanks so much for sharing those great photos!! :heart:

what sweet, happy, extremely lucky little babies! they look like they're smiling in a lot of the pictures :cloud9: and it's wonderful that mom's starting to warm up to you! such a blessed, beautiful little family :heart: :heart: :rathugz:

man, I keep finding myself back here every few hours to stare at these beautiful baby pictures. I sincerely wish I lived closer and my life wasn't in such an uproar, because I'd love to adopt a few girls for eventual intros into my double CN that only has two girls in it right now. Ah well, we'll see what the future holds.. and in the meantime I'll just drool over baby pics :heart: :heart:

Agreed Kat...I keep wanting to scoop them all up and bring them home too! My two large boy ratties would probably have something to say about that, I am sure!

But yes, drooling over such adorable babies is sooo nice. :cloud9:

haha, it's so hard when you're used to a colony of around five and you only have two in a gigantic cage. If these babies were closer I'd probably seriously consider adopting all of the females, but distance sucks and I still need to focus on my own physical healing aswell.. so a smaller number is probably a good thing for right now. Probably. The pull from these babies is driving me crazy!

Haha good try! I would have loved to take them if it weren't for our latest additions, Dexter and Nemo, who are a pain to socialize. If we didn't have them, then I would probably look into getting those adorable babies. Too bad. :(

Back