Rescue babies! 4 babies went to a new home

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure, since I have only dealt with one litter in my life time of any animal but seeing as the mother could possibly be expecting again, could she stop producing milk for her current litter? I know other animals and even humans will have a drop in supply when pregnant and nursing. Babies very well could have weaned early, even if she reabsorbed her second litter as pregnancy would make her milk taste different to them. Personally, I wouldn't let babies go to new homes until 6weeks though, especially ones with such a rough start and being so thin at 4weeks. I hope your friend knows what shes in for, and feeds them lots of yummy good that helps them put on healthy weight!

Were you able to properly sex them? :)

So you're keeping 4 from this family?? (Mom, Dad, 2 brothers)

she would have weaned them early because of the second pregnancy, but they still need to be taught and nurtured by their mum and its best to keep them together as long as possible

i'm keeping mom dad two brothers and probably carrie the lone baby girl.. i cant think of a situation where i could rehome her with out her being alone unless we rehomed mom as well witch i'd rather not. and ever since my freind brought her babies home they've actually grown quite fat she spoils them to no end they have a large play pen and stuff its really neat she feeds them all sorts of snacks alot of the time stuff she eats. she constantly asks me if things are okay for them to eat the babies i still have with mom at the moment have grown quite abit more as well i have to mesh in my cage that i had planned for them it turns out there too small for it and can slip thru the bars

Back