Re: Harlan Teklad $1,000 minimum - Maybe Good News??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buy my Teklad Blocks from a website called "The Crafty Rat".

It appears as if they ship all over the world so I have sent them an email to ask about shipping to Canada and have asked them for a basic idea of the shipping costs.

I will let you know what I find out.

Harlan obviously has their head in a very dark place...

You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch.
You're a nasty, wasty skunk.
Your heart is full of unwashed socks
Your soul is full of gunk.
Mr. Grinch.

:laugh4:

The owners of Harlan may be grinches but the fellow who runs the Mississiagua warehouse is an angel. One of the nicest guys I've ever done business with. Manny was surprised when I told him how sad we were about the $1,000 minimum order because he thought it only applied to delivered orders. Anyway, he's going to talk to the sales rep for our area and see if something could be done to waive the minimum amount. Yay!!! :001:

And he gave me a Harlan mug, calendar and pen too!

Wish him and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from all of us on the forum. Thanks. He deserves it. Hopefully he can continue to serve the people on the forum.

ann

Greetings, :D

in addition to the sweetheart, Manny, here is the response I received from Linda at The Crafty Rat:

Hello
I haven't shipped to Canada but I recently shipped one of my value
packs
of rodent blocks to someone in Canada. It took a bit of time. I can
ship my 15lb value pack at $12.95 plus the flat rate priority to Canada

for $23.00. So the total will be $35.95 for the 15lbs. I ship it as
goods but I do not know if Canada adds on any additional fees on their
end when it is delivered to you. I tried contacting the person that I
sent the order to but they never replied back as to how the order went
and what if any additional fees were that they may have had to pay on
their end. So I do not know that information. But I have this
information through tracking from my Post office and this is how it
went
it took about 2 weeks and looks like it might of been in customs for a
while. I contacted the person to see if they got their order but they
never replied back.
If you have any helpful information on shipping to Canada please let me

know and also if you would like to place a order for any of the rodent
block formulas value packs. I also accept Paypal.
The Crafty Rat
Linda Bradley

Here is the link again for anyone interested. http://www.craftyrat.com/

Love, Hugs, Scritches and a fingerful of blueberry pie filling... :love6:

Riana said:
That's wonderful! Atleast it's an alternative. So I assume she buys in major bulk, and then sells to those who want the amounts, right?

I am assuming that you're right Riana. My shipments of the Teklad Blocks are in huge plastic zipper bags with what I believe is Linda's writing on the front (saying what kind of Teklad block is in there).

I doubt that she receives her orders that way so it would make sense that she would receive her orders in large bins for her to package herself.

All I can say is that I have had very good experiences with The Crafty Rat. Linda even sent me a refund check when she was able to send my order for less than she charged me for shipping.

It's little things like that which make a difference in my eyes. :)

If you have any information on Canada shipping which you can give Linda, please everyone, log into her website and send her an email. I honestly think that she is the kind of person who wants to be as fair as possible to her clients. :rose:

jorats said:
This might be the way to go if things don't work out with Manuel.

We'll keep working on this Jo. Let Harlan be stuffy... there has got to be a way to get the best foods to our little, fur faced, family members... even without their help and understanding.

A pity that a company with such an anal attitude would have to be the one making one of the best rat foods on the market. :roll:

Maybe what's best is doing the exact same thing that mumsyrat is doing now: buying a big order, perhaps from Linda, having it shipped to one individual, then splitting it up from there. I don't know if there's anyone in the states that'd be willing to receive a huge order. I wonder if shipping that way would be better. If the folks here went in on a yearly or twice-yearly order, it may be worth paying the extra shipping fees. Does anyone else think so?

If the members of our group feel that the prices for ordering through the Crafty Rat is reasonable then I will probably retire from doing Harlan runs. I've been doing it for cost only but this most recent order was huge and was A LOT of work!

I'm hoping to still get the minimum order exemption though so I can continue to get the Harlan products for myself and my core group. I wouldn't want my and Shelaghs babies to have to go back to eating yucky Mazuri! :snooty:

F.Y.I. - I have found a couple of people who are interested in forming a partnership with me which quite possibly could get me into the $1,000 order range. This is one of them http://www.zootek.net/

Back