Rats Town Rattery is NO MORE - Back on Track :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow thats so wonderful that you guys saved so many rats! Im really glad theres people out there like you, fighting for our ratty friends :)

Eli is gorgeous, I really hope he can have the surgery to take that eye out - cant imagine how much pain he experienced with that. If he needs a forever home, and there was a way of transporting him to Kelowna, I would love to adopt him.

Hey you guys, I just read this. I don't have much cash, but I can donate a few Playhouses towards your cause. If anyone wants to buy a Playhouse & pay one of you gals instead of me, just say the word. I'll start by offering 2 Playhouses, & if I am able to donate more & there is interest, we'll go from there.

My mother asked me to send you some extra money as well for the vet bills, it should be in your account now Shelagh. Thanks so much you guys!

Oh good, I'm glad Elias got a name. I was worried that, under the circumstances, he might not get a chance to have a real name. I hope this poor little guy makes a speedy recovery so he can have the great life he deserves.

violet976 said:
My mother asked me to send you some extra money as well for the vet bills, it should be in your account now Shelagh. Thanks so much you guys!

Oh Melissa, tell your mom Thank you!!! That is soo sweet! :heart:

Does she love your rats as much as you do?

:shock: :sick2:

I am so glad that you got those poor sweethearts out of there. Seeing the photo of the boys all crammed into that tiny cage made me think of concentration camps.

I hope that little Elias can get strong enough for his surgery.

You two have done a wonderful thing. I hope that enough of us can provide help to make it all bearable.

Maple said:
Wow, this is really sad. I guess their "pot of gold" went alittle rusty. You mention a final count of 28 boys but no final count for the girls. Do you have enough cages and such or do you need more? You should make a list of items you may need in order to get these guys settled in, that way people can look around and perhaps donate any un-used items they have.
Congratulations, another job well done. :thumbup:

I have finally gathered enough brain power to think of things I need. Honestly I would take in any gently used toys...these rats had NO mental stimulation for their entire lives, and I am sure they won't be snobby and ask to see the new tags on the toys LOLOL. So if anyone has gently used toys or anything at all they might like to bang around, chew up, etc, it would be much appreciated.

I could also do with sheets of coroplast so I can make a bigger Corral for all the boys. Mine's meant for smaller groups :laugh4:

I'll let Chelle answer for herself. :D

Its my own rats that got a bit shuffled into smaller cages, but I have a couple of cages farmed out I can get back that will help with that :thumbup:

They would probably love tissues and whole kitchen rolls just to rip up and destory, they've obviously never had anything like that all.

Rachael said:
They would probably love tissues and whole kitchen rolls just to rip up and destory, they've obviously never had anything like that all.

I can give them cardboard tubes, etc...I even managed to find them a chewable log thingy that I cannot think of the name LOL. I am hoping they would rather chew it than fight each other. There's a big hoodie who starts shite up, and then the domino effect kicks in.

ryelle said:
do you think its just from being in new surroundings they have decided they need to establish the rankings again?

there's a lot of abscesses on the bigger boys, and bite wounds, so I think there was a lot of fighting. That big hoodie boy may need a snip sooner than later, since it seems to be him, then he goes after one of the older black berks, the rest run down and circle the combatants, bump into them and get bitten.

I need to work on the beige dumbo boy today, his wound is worse. :(

Shelagh & Chelle: It sounds as if both Playhouses might be nabbed up. I'll let you both know once it's certain & to verify if payment was received on your end! :dance: I'm so excited, hopefully you'll get enough help from everyone to cover most of the vet costs you'll be incurring. :thumbup:

& yes, my mother is very much a rat person. She had one of the most unique rats a long time ago, "probably never see one like that again" type of man named Rattigan, that she lost way too soon. One of those lucky rats with free roam of the entire apartment, & the happiest, most bonded rat I have ever seen. :heart: I don't think she'll be able to own her own rats again after him, but she adores mine when they decide to be sociable to her.

How's Elias doing today? Any signs of improvement??? :cheeky:

Elias thinks he's the dominant rat and was mounting all the others in the cage...hehehe.
He was moved into the sick, injured or younger and quieter cage today. :D

He didn't allow many pics since he was crashed out
Sickyoungcage.jpg

Mink dumbo boy
Minkdumbojun5.jpg

Black dumbo boy
blackbanddumbojun5.jpg

Poor Gilbert :( His wound is a mess and infected deep inside the muscle. We are starting this weekend with hydrotherapy and baytril and see how he does. I think that the necrotic tissue will need debriding at the vets but Eli's eye needs to come out first.
Hydrotherapy with Gilbert means he gets soaked, and I get soaked LOL
Gilbert2jun5.jpg

Shaking like a dog (you can see the droplets)
Gilbertshakingjun5.jpg

Not impressed
Gilbert1jun5.jpg

and a closeup of his wound for people who like that sort of thing. :cheeky:
[spoiler:15kevmid]
Gilbertswoundjun5.jpg
[/spoiler:15kevmid]

And now the Big Boys
These 2 adore each other, so I shall have to make sure they go home together :thumbup: They are very sweet with me as well. :D
brotherlylovejun5.jpg

the pearl merle boy and a black berk crashed out
pearlmerleandblackberkjun5.jpg

Milton the other nakie
Miltonjun5.jpg

Miltonskeratincystjun5.jpg

Biiig mink hoodie boy...loves to be stroked
bigminkhoodiejun5.jpg

What are you doing now? They thought the vacuum cleaner was exciting not scary :D
happyhoodiesjun5.jpg

happyboysjun5.jpg

They were soo good with me. :heart:
happyhoodiesandthehandmjun5.jpg

OMG the boys are in heaven at your place Shelagh. Mink dumbo :heart: :heart: We need to come up with special names for the dumbo crew. :stickpoke:

eagle said:
OMG the boys are in heaven at your place Shelagh. Mink dumbo :heart: :heart: We need to come up with special names for the dumbo crew. :stickpoke:

Well there were 2 mink dumbos but the self and the smeeze Simon went home with Jo today. :joy:

Back