Rats Town Rattery is NO MORE - Back on Track :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, this is really sad. I guess their "pot of gold" went alittle rusty. You mention a final count of 28 boys but no final count for the girls. Do you have enough cages and such or do you need more? You should make a list of items you may need in order to get these guys settled in, that way people can look around and perhaps donate any un-used items they have.
Congratulations, another job well done. :thumbup:

There were 19 girls crammed in that small cage. That was all their girls, thank god.

Sadly we have an unfortunate incident. The eye on the nakie boy seems to have ruptured and was bleeding. We are scrounging our funds madly for a possible enucleation IF Dr. Munn thinks he is healthy enough to make it through surgery.

I was taking in Isabella and Jaffa for teeth trims, and they are getting a surprise in poor little man with his ruptured "dead" eye :( He took some pain meds but then lost interest. We cannot hold or force him in any way because he stresses and the eye bleeds more or bulges more. I hope I got enough into him to take away the edge of his pain :(

Chelle if you need any help at the shelter caring for these guys, I would be pleased to help out. I was planning on offering anyway once I got used to rat care but now seems like a perfect time, since you have your hands very full it seems :S

It will give me chance to learn by doing, and help out at the same time!

Thank you for doing this. I saw the ad for getting rid of the rats and checked out the poster's other ads too so i knew RatsTown was shutting down but I had no idea the conditions would be that bad. At 45 rats now (24 babies) I'm loaded down, wish I could help.
:hugs:

We understand totally jam. :cuddle:

well our little nakie boy is still with us. I had to remove him from his friends last night since he was getting bumped and in a lot of pain. I had his hospital cage on the bed with me so he wouldn't feel too alone. He would sit there and shiver, then try to walk and would stumble. Poor little unnamed man. :sad3:

I do have a lot of hope in the Powers of Munn today though, but keep your fingers crossed he can survive the surgery. :heart:

6:37 am, showered, about to pour a coffee, and medicate the rats. Have to leave at 7:30 am to get there to drop them all off. I am soooo NOT a morning person. :cheeky:

I am at a loss for words....and the ones I want to say are not acceptable to use on a public forum. What is wrong with people?
Thank god for Shelagh and Chelle.

UGH i was almost in tears looking at all those girls crammed in that cage, and then looking at those skinny and dirty rats was just too much to bare.

That woman has no right to cry over her rats leaving. she is utter filth

Maple said:
Do you have enough cages and such or do you need more? You should make a list of items you may need in order to get these guys settled in, that way people can look around and perhaps donate any un-used items they have.
Congratulations, another job well done. :thumbup:

We don't need cages right now, I bought another CN yesterday (or was that two days ago? All the days are blurring together... Haha!) for the girls.

There are a couple things that the rescue needs, yes. Things like used water bottles, toys, hammocks etc. are in need right now. We could definitely use liners for the CNs. We could also use a winning lotto ticket, if anyone happens to have that? :giggles: ALL of Graham and I's money right now is going towards these guys!

lizmo1221 said:
Chelle if you need any help at the shelter caring for these guys, I would be pleased to help out. I was planning on offering anyway once I got used to rat care but now seems like a perfect time, since you have your hands very full it seems :S

It will give me chance to learn by doing, and help out at the same time!

That would be wonderful! We'll talk more tonight :D

Right now just the boy with the eye issues. The boy with the cyst will need to be taken in too, but CCH doesn't have the funds for that quite yet, and cysts can be "managed" before needing to be removed.

I had to name our nakie boy quickly for Intake...he got Elias.

Sadly by the time Elias made it to the clinic he was exhibiting URI symptoms so he's got even more stacked against him :(

I gave him a kiss for all of us. :sad3:

This endeavor will be huge, but there was no way we could leave them like that.
Tonight I need to re-evaluate my crews and move the more timid rats into their own groups and start treatments.

Sorry Jo, even Friend Clean is going out the window for your visit tomorrow. :wink2:

lilspaz68 said:
I had to name our nakie boy quickly for Intake...he got Elias.

Sadly by the time Elias made it to the clinic he was exhibiting URI symptoms so he's got even more stacked against him :(

I gave him a kiss for all of us. :sad3:

This endeavor will be huge, but there was no way we could leave them like that.
Tonight I need to re-evaluate my crews and move the more timid rats into their own groups and start treatments.

Sorry Jo, even Friend Clean is going out the window for your visit tomorrow. :wink2:

praying for Elias and all the others as well.

Poor little guy. :(

If it's a keratin cyst and not so big, it's best to leave it alone unless it's huge and "chunky" then you can try to squeeze out as much stuff as you can. And repeat each time it gets too filled.

jorats said:
Poor little guy. :(

If it's a keratin cyst and not so big, it's best to leave it alone unless it's huge and "chunky" then you can try to squeeze out as much stuff as you can. And repeat each time it gets too filled.

Cyst-y boy had his squeezed and it ended up bleeding after exuding a clearish yellowish fluid. He's still at home.

Elias with the dead (and sometimes alarmingly bulging eye) cannot have his enucleation today. I am to take him home and put him on a course of baytril/doxy for 3-4 days to see if we can get his URI under control then he can have his eye removed next week.

Pray for me and him this weekend.

Back