Rat Shack Fest 2010.. Cast yer Votes!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where to hold Rat Shack Fest 2010?

• High Park, Toronto, Ontario

• Port Perry (the boonies!) Ontario.

• Somewhere else entirely (make a suggestion!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon

You read it right kiddies, Rat Shack Fest 2010 will come up faster than you think, and if we get started on the preliminary stuff early then hopefully more people arrange to come!

Here's what the voting is about... where do we hold it this year?

We could do it at High Park again, which worked out pretty nicely last year. It seemed fairly central to many people, and the setup was nice with the picnic tables and the dog park near by. But the bathroom situation SUCKED, and I think some people had driving issues.

There's another option that's been brought up, and although I don't remember how exactly, my house is also in the running as a possible venue! We have a decent parking situation, the bathroom situation will be MUCH better, and things will probably be a bit easier since some things can come ahead of time, like BBQs and the like. Any rats being transported will be comfortable and safe in the house and it wont be an extra trip to get them or visit them like it was last year. I can't GUARANTEE that we'll be fenced in for the dogs by that time although we plan to be, and our house is a little off the beaten path but it's all main roads leading up to it.. so not too hard to find and pretty easy country driving!

Here's a map, I did directions going FROM High Park, Toronto going TO Port Perry to give you a rough idea of where things are. Each venue has it's own Pros and Cons, so feel free to weigh in!
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Toronto ... 34&2v=CITY

We are aiming for Sunday, August 1 which is the Civic Holiday long weekend for those of us in Ontario, which we figured might be easier for a lot of people to get off since so many places will be closed, plus you get an extra day to drive if you need it.

Don't like those options? Then speak up, buster!!!!

ETA: I have a pool! Don't know if it works, but... it's here!

I am going to say mooners place. To be selfish, it will be easier with Esamae. Yes I will bring her with me! And THIS time I will make sure everyone knows so no one plans anything so I can't go.

Ang and I are going to try and make it this time! I really hope we can! If any other maritimers want to go up PM me and maybe we can go in on renting a car or van or what ever lol

henry's_mum said:
I too vote Mooners place!
A pool, the convience of the washrooms, and, well, it's Mooners place! The pupper will be there!
And he'll be a HUGE asshole... he'll be leashed to me the whole time.

Scythe said:
Haha, this is such a cute idea. Is it something for pretty much.. anyone on the forum?
Absolutely! We did it last year and it was so much fun. We do a pot-lucky all day affair, and we take a small donation to cover any particularly large fees and the extra goes to a rescue :)

Are there any hotels near by your house Moon? If I go this time I am definately spending the night, whether it be the night before or the night after...LOL I want to be fully rested this year!

lindsayfawn said:
Ang and I are going to try and make it this time! I really hope we can! If any other maritimers want to go up PM me and maybe we can go in on renting a car or van or what ever lol

yup.. im up for carpooling.. would be much better... im so excited. sooooooo cant wait to find out when .. i need to know before the end of the month i believe vacation bids will be starting in march.

I'm going to look at what the closest hotels are, some will be a bit of a drive, but only a half hour or so to Oshawa. There are a couple motor inn type places closer... I'll get some info together and post phone numbers and stuff so you guys can book up places early.

Ohhh, I wonder if we could get a group discount somewhere!!! LOL

As for camping out... I have a *little* space, but not tonnes, so don't all plan on pitching a tent! Though I think there are some campgrounds nearby as well, I'll look into that for people who like to rough it :D

I was soo afriad you would be farther than Toronto, but it turns out its the same distance just going in the other direction (well the opposite direction around Lake Ontario)...YEAH!

I'm going if it's at Moony's! And I mean everyone wants to meet Zooy!

I love the idea at moonies......I am going to see if we (dogs included) can come.....we have a tent so any campgrounds close by would be great for us!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back