Rat Resort Cage As Temp - Which Martins for TWO boys?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:heart: love that fabric Donna <3 the levels and hammis will look awesome!

Ohhh give Chester kisses for me :)

R680 ... or the R695 ... much larger LOL but not much more expensive.
I believe they both now come with extra large doors - a very important feature.

Whichever you get, remember to assemble them using cable ties, not the C-rings that come with the cage.
The C-rings rust and are a major pain to remove.

SQ said:

Whichever you get, remember to assemble them using cable ties, no the C-rings that come with the cage.

Is THAT why people do that? Every picture I've seen of a Martins cage had it held together with wire ties and I always wondered if the cages were arriving damaged or something. My friend has a Martins cage, I'll have to let her know about that before the rings go and rust on her.

TorachiKatashi said:
SQ said:

Whichever you get, remember to assemble them using cable ties, no the C-rings that come with the cage.

Is THAT why people do that? Every picture I've seen of a Martins cage had it held together with wire ties and I always wondered if the cages were arriving damaged or something. My friend has a Martins cage, I'll have to let her know about that before the rings go and rust on her.

I set all mine up with the c-rings, all 6 Ruuds... WELL! When it came time to move, I had to take them all apart. Like 100 rings per cage X 6. My hands were so sore I couldn't pack anything else. I only use zip ties now lol

Zip ties (cable ties) are so much easier to remove.
Plus if you use the 4 inch ones, they can easily be cut with nail clippers without damaging the powder coating if you are careful.
I found that removing the C-rings, even with a c-ring remover, was difficult to do without damaging some of the powder coating.

And, like all cages, it is good to take them apart once in awhile to give them a very good cleaning.

Back