rat chatter forum

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theratlady

wow i happened to find rat chatter again i had joined some time ago but holy crap i just couldnt believe how full of themselves they are and rude.
apparantly if you are a member of the vet field you are suppose to provide proof before you can even mention that you are one. you cannot even just tell people thats what you do for a living or even mention that you help with rescue. that part got bleeped from my reintro post. just thought i would share my bad experience with them. now i know why i dont go to many forums.
two separate threads the second is in pink.

Rat Chatter forums
Health & Welfare
The Rattie Clinic!
Ivermectin
Author Topic: Ivermectin (Read 38 times)

Active members:
theratlady(3) Mr.Rattitude(2) Specificity(1) Mrs.Rattitude(1)

Ivermectin
« on: January 20, 2009, 12:29:54 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would this be the correct stuff? I ask because of the % issue. I just wanted to find out if I got some of this is what I'd need for the rats to deal with parasite issues.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... atid=16121

Report to moderator Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Laura (Specificity)

The Girls: Winifred (Wini), Joslyn (Jos), Talula (Tal), Cora & Rory (the twins), (the triad) Calypso, Penelope, & Cecilia, Nimue, Niamh.

Katya's Girls: Sophie, Isabelle (Izzy), and Victoria (Tori)

The Boys: Maximilian (Max), Agustus (Gus Gus), Mick, and Dylan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/levans/set ... 538849611/

Mrs.Rattitude
Admin-a-ratter

RatChatter Mama
B.R.O.C.

It's 11 ~ Do you know where your ratties are?

Mood:

Last Login:
Today at 11:44:30 PM

Re: Ivermectin
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 01:20:35 PM » Quote

That's it and that's the correct percentage 1.87%.

Terri...aka...Mrs.Rattitude

http://www.rattitude.com

Currently owned by 32 ratties!
21 Boys: TeeTu, Bruiser, Dash, Gordon, Ash, Sirius Black, Remey, WiiOne, Singleton, Black Jack, Minx,
Number 8, Number 9, Ratchetu, Colby, Tanzi, Shadow, Turq, Starsky, Hutch and Snuggie Bear.
11 Girls: Houdini, BJ, IJ, Wild Thing, Cinnamon, Addie, Andie, Wall Flower, Sweetie,
Cat and Peeka.
~~~( )3:>
RBR: Ratchet, Chamy, Trekkie, Casper, Angel, Charles, Templeton, Frank, Sammy, Serena, Aly Rat, Nibblett, SweetPea, Missy, Hyper, Inky and Jeremy.

theratlady
Pinkie

Warned

Mood:

Last Login:
Today at 11:48:48 PM

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 11:41:42 PM » Quote Modify Remove

i would highly reccommend revolution(selemectin) over ivermectin as its much safer

Report to moderator 142.167.177.140

Mr.Rattitude
Admin-a-ratter

RatChatter Papa
B.R.O.C.

Choose the rat that chooses you!

Mood:

Last Login:
Today at 11:45:03 PM

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:27:18 PM » Quote

Quote from: theratlady on January 24, 2009, 11:41:42 PM
i would highly reccommend revolution(selemectin) over ivermectin as its much safer

That's a strong statement, do you have links to reference material to share with everyone?

Mr.R

« Last Edit: Today at 08:45:41 PM by Mr.Rattitude » Report to moderator Logged

Visit the new http://www.Rattitude.com!
The Boys: Gordon, Dash, Bruiser, Blackjack, Singleton, Minx, Number 8, Number 9, Ash, Sirius, Remy, WiiOne, Ratchetu, Tanzi, Shadow, Colby, and Turq!
The Girls: IJ, BJ, Houdini, Wild Thing, Wall Flower, Ande, Addie, Cinnamon, Sweetie, Cat-the-Rat, and Peeka
Recent Rat(s): The Christmas Rats (Snuggie Bear, Starsky and Hutch)
RBR: Ratchet, Chamie, Angel, Trek, Casper, Charlie, Templeton, Frank, Sammy, Serena, Aly-Rat, Nibblett, Sweet Pea, Missy, Hyper, Inky, Jeremy, Teetu

theratlady
Pinkie

Warned

Mood:

Last Login:

« Reply #4 on: Today at 11:19:57 PM » Quote Modify Remove

just 13 yrs of personal experience with using it in many types of exotics (no birds)
i am a vet tech as well and have talked to the company vet as well.
ive also had a few deaths due to using ivermec it is much easier to overdose.

Unsubstantiated claim of "vet tech".

Report to moderator 142.167.181.253

Mr.Rattitude
Admin-a-ratter

RatChatter Papa
B.R.O.C.

Choose the rat that chooses you!

Mood:

Last Login:
Today at 11:45:03 PM

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:34:15 PM » Quote

Quote from: theratlady on Today at 11:19:57 PM
just 13 yrs of personal experience with using it in many types of exotics (no birds)
i am a vet tech as well and have talked to the company vet as well.
ive also had a few deaths due to using ivermec it is much easier to overdose.

First, if you are going to identify yourself as a professional in the field of animal care, we do ask you provide authenticated proof as a courtesy to the forum and its members, otherwise please refrain from doing so. Please re-read the User Agreement, specifically Amendment X (June 8, 2008).

Granted, like most any medication, there is a chance for unforseen circumstances to occur, even the possibility of fatal results, but I find it truly difficult to believe that one could overdose a rat using Ivermectin in its commonly recognized dosage (approximately an amount equal to one uncooked grain of rice or less, once a week for three to four weeks).

NB: These medications are also considered "off-label" for use in small animals.

Mr.R

Visit the new http://www.Rattitude.com!
The Boys: Gordon, Dash, Bruiser, Blackjack, Singleton, Minx, Number 8, Number 9, Ash, Sirius, Remy, WiiOne, Ratchetu, Tanzi, Shadow, Colby, and Turq!
The Girls: IJ, BJ, Houdini, Wild Thing, Wall Flower, Ande, Addie, Cinnamon, Sweetie, Cat-the-Rat, and Peeka
Recent Rat(s): The Christmas Rats (Snuggie Bear, Starsky and Hutch)
RBR: Ratchet, Chamie, Angel, Trek, Casper, Charlie, Templeton, Frank, Sammy, Serena, Aly-Rat, Nibblett, Sweet Pea, Missy, Hyper, Inky, Jeremy, Teetu

theratlady
Pinkie

Warned

Mood:

Last Login:

« Reply #6 on: Today at 11:44:08 PM » Quote Modify Remove

im so glad i came back to this forum!! im not prescribing anything not that i would be allowed to anyway im not a doctor. i made a suggestion based on my experience. i went back to introductions to reintro myself.
you want proof? and sent me a warning? i couldnt care less if someone on here had all the evidence in the world no one should EVER go by info on here alone and a vet in real life should ALWAYS be consulted because what people try to describe can be totally different in reality.

there is at least two people on this forum that ive known for years if you want someone to vouch for me otherwise im outta here.

hello!
i had joined some time ago but lost the link but found it last night so thought i would just say hello again!
im in nova scotia and also * *** **** ** with 13yrs with much gained knowledge of many exotics. * ** * **** ****** ** ****** ****** ** **** ** ***** *** **** *******. right now i have 11 ratties and 10 ferrets and 2 mini poodles. a few names on here are familiar like lilratscals and phyllis

Reason Edited by Admin: You have agreed to our user agreement, yet mentioned items that you must have proof of for our site. This is not meant to single you out, just to protect all of our members. Please do not modify this post as that will also be in violation of our user agreement. Thank you.

That's... really... well, I could use a word here, but it's not good for kids so I'll refrain :wink:

Anyway, that's stupid. Who cares if you don't have letters of reference saying that you're a vet tech? Jeez. That's even worse than the other forum.

:laugh4: :laugh4: thanks i needed that!! i coming the forum now trying to find that piece of legislature that i read when i signed back in but its no where posted on the forum. just wanted to reread the wording but im sure it didnt say i couldnt mention what i did for a living.

mercurydust said:
Wow. What a bunch of stuck up turds.

LoL I should visit that forum just to raise heck, lol, me being a button pusher and all. Hehe. As for the ivermectin doses...I did the dosing of the amount of the size of a grain of rice and my vet said that I may not have given Lily enough to get rid of her mites-instead I just kinda slowed the mites down but now they are back with vengeance and her skin is even scabbier and nastier than before. So the vet took a look at the horse ivermectin I used and calculated the right dose for Lily by her weight and the percentage of ivermectin in the paste....hopefully this time we will get rid of those mites for good. My poor baby!

since i have discovered revolution i have never wanted to go back to ivermec. the critters i have lost was from a vet(before a tech) prescribing it for them. when did use it on my own i had no problems but still in young rats its too hard to give a correct or safe amount.

the last two posts on the ivermec thread

Quote from: theratlady on Today at 12:02:56 AM
i think asking for proof for just mentioning what my profession is a little but much. how about everyone else on here and their professions? if they want to mention what they do or give advise or reccommendations should they not have to provide proof too?
im not sure what you want as i am in canada and i have a certificate of completion of AHT but we are not licensed here.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but you did agree to our agreement. I know a lot of people don't read it, but it is there for a reason and that's for the betterment of this community.

Because we are a small animal forum, people will look to you for advice, believe me they will, even with just mentioning that's what your profession is. What about everyone else, well, they don't really mention their professions and as far as I know they don't have anything to do with small animals. We do have a rescue on here who had to go through the process, we also have another person who's looking at becoming a rescue, so she knows she will have to go through the process. We have some breeders as well who went through the process. This is just as much for their benefit as it is for the rest of the community. It puts a sense of trust and validation in what they do. Oh and if someone were to come on here and say they were a lawyer or something like that, believe we would stop them in their tracks as well. If we don't address these issues immediately they can get out of hand.

I will PM or email you with the information you need to provide, if that's what you want to do. Believe me, we would love to put that title under your name.

Terri...aka...Mrs.Rattitude

I treated all of my rats with ivermectin and didn't have any problems. I would love to get my hands on some revolution, but none of the vets in my area carry it and due to this sucky economy and my husband being laid off from work I just can't afford to order it online. Though one day, when things get back on track, I will so go for revolution. Just have to be optomistic.

something else that kind of irked me was at the top of the forum in bold letters ive now seen
"shouldnt you be heading to bed theratlady?"
and
"up kinda late arent ya theratlady?"

anyone who really knows me knows what i want to say to that!!!

Hehe, better not say hello 3 times too, Dahlas got the boot for that, we were warned off as Trolls.

Ivermectin has a much much lower LD50 than Selamectin, and I had a girl who had been overdosed on it by a vet...before she came to me. She ended up stroking several times a few weeks later and eventually died on Christmas Day :(

Hi Christina,

Thanks for letting me know your name. I now remember Carole telling me what a good person you are. Funny how I don't agree with her at the moment.

Yes, I know you went to another forum and complained about us and you posted information from this forum over there. So feel free to post this as well, you are now banned. You see we don't need people who come here just for the sake of wanting to cause trouble and that seems to be what the other forum wants to do. Have fun.

hmmmm wonder who the troll is HERE?

for anyone curious...

LD stands for "Lethal Dose". LD50 is the amount of a material, given all at once, which causes the death of 50% (one half) of a group of test animals. The LD50 is one way to measure the short-term poisoning potential (acute toxicity) of a material.

In general, the smaller the LD50 value, the more toxic the chemical is. The opposite is also true: the larger the LD50 value, the lower the toxicity.

oops not anymore!!

Sorry theratlady, you are banned from using this forum!
Tolll

someone cant spell, gee nice to have hospitality. i never even got an answer as to what i was suppose to have reported back here other then tonight stuff.

LoL that is too funny, and extremely petty. Seriously-get over yourselves(directed to the trolls). Some people go looking for trouble and when they can't find any just feel the need to start some. It's okay ratlady, we still love ya, hehe. :giggle:

Back