Possibly Pregnant Girl - Tabitha - is not pregnant!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just talking to the vet's office where I have had several rats spayed and they would be able to do her surgery on Sept 5th. That would give her some time to gain some weight back and get healthy.
Waddaya think?

Yay! A fuzzy for the nakies .... :thumbsup:

Oh my gosh, she's beautiful! What color would you call that? Such a pretty girl :) Bet she feels great now that's she's got a second chance at life. Fingers crossed she's not pregnant!

Hmmm, I am a little concerned about doing a spay if she is almost two and under 200 grams. Maybe they are wrong about her age? We will have to see how much her condition improves to see if she is even a good surgical candidate. The appointment is booked at this time but we can change it.
Barring any complications, I will pick her up in Moncton from Mia9_28 on Sunday.

SQ, you are naughty! I'm not too worried about the boys as they will be in foster care. This little lady however, would have been in the wind if not for Mia9_28.

Aw yay! I'm so glad you're taking her in Joanne. Hopefully she isn't pregnant or if she is that she is good candidate for surgery and that it goes smoothly so she can enjoy the rest of her life with you.

I don't think she is actually nearly 2 years old. I'd say 1,5 years old at max. She has lots of energy. Plus the lady was telling me how she had a rat that lived to be 6 and most lived to be 4, so we know we can't trust her age judgement.. lol

So it's set! Joanne is coming to get her on Sunday and she will be spayed! SO happy for Snow!!!! Such an amazing girl, and Joanne too! :D

I'm about to bring the boys to their new foster home. Wish them luck in their future home!

Well, our little lady is in the Annapolis Valley now. It was a long and sometimes bumpy drive but she fared well. She is very active, that's for sure! I was trying to think of a name for her as Snow is just not doing it for me. I wanted something more girlie. So, say hello to Tabitha, Tabi for short. :)
I don't think the spay will be in time though...

37961d06e83d17967e61caf959b65d86.jpg

657e7b83dc69922c2c1fab0d40ca9d8a.jpg

I hate how common it is to just toss a girl in with boys or leave them with boys. It dont make any sense at all to me. I am glad you saved her. I will be watching for updates.

Back