Pneumonia

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry! I said I'd come back in the morning to update, but I slept in until noon. You'd think I needed sleep or something. :suspicious:

Not only is Ella no worse, the improvements in her are amazing!!!! :happydance:
Shes pooped a few times in her cage. Shes eaten some of the chunks of carrot that I left for her. More Cheerios are gone. She looks like my normal Ella.

But the best is that she is walking with no problem at all! Shes not wobbly or anything!!

I couldn't believe the difference I saw just by looking at her! Then when she jumped off me after her meds, and started walking all over the couch, I was like :eek:mg:

I know not to think that were in the clear, but these improvements are outstanding and I really think we have a shot at beating this.!!!!
I can't tell you ladies how happy I am right now!!

I know I'm jumping ahead, but at what point can I put her back in with her sisters?

If she is more alert and well, then put her back in with her cagemates. Almost all rats do better with their ratfriends, as long as they aren't too ill.

I am soo pleased for both of you!!!

Better call Dr Munn's office ASAP, she closes in a few minutes...she's gonna be thrilled!

That's amazing how fast they get better. I, too, would put her back with the colony. It's less stress when they're not alone.

That's so great to hear!!! I'm so glad she's doing so much better!! :happydance:

Here are some pictures of my beautiful little girl :heart:

When she was pretty sick :sad3:
Ella009.jpg

After we put her back in with her sisters today.
Ella011.jpg

Exploring
Ella015.jpg

Snuggling with her sister (this is her actual sister, ritz)
Ella021.jpg

Look at this face!!
Ella024.jpg

Most recent picture of her. Shes laying on my mom eating a Cheerio
Ella032.jpg

Rats are so amazing. They can go downhill fast but with the right meds can come back uphill just as quickly.

I :heart: Dr Munn and I'm glad you got to meet her! She truly is the best.

And I'm so glad that Ella is feeling better :happydance:

Back