Please help us determine the gender of the babies! PICS!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you take one baby and then compare each of the others to that baby, deciding if each is the same or different (in terms of spacing) you should find it easier to sex the babies.

From what I can see:

1= Boy?
2= Girl
3= Boy
4= Girl
5= Girl
6=?
7 & 8=I think the top is a girl and bottom a boy, but there tails are curled up so its a toughy...

These are just from what I can see, hopefully someone else can confirm, we may also need some extra pics...

I'm thinking that 1 is a boy, 2 is a girl, and with 7 and 8 the upper baby is a girl and the lower one a boy. I'm not going to wager a guess at the middle ones as those pictures really don't look clear enough to me.

Look at the difference between baby 7 and 8. Maybe use them as comparison models to the other babies, as to me they make a pretty good male/female side by side photo.

I would guess, boys ... 1, 3, 6, 8 (bottom baby), girls ... 2, 7
Can't tell about 4 and 5 from the pics.
But you should be able to tell by comparing them to one another.

At 10 - 12 days of age, you will see 12 nipples (little red dots) on baby girls (boys only have a belly button), and boys will drop their testicle at 3.5 to 5 weeks so you will eventually know for sure.

Yes , I am starting to see what you mean.. Thank you all for your help ! If anyone one else wants to put in there guess , feel free , we need all the help we can get as we have 14 more to sex now!

Back