Please help us determine the gender of the babies! PICS!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mistermonday

Jackie gave birth at 2:00pm (the middle of the day!!) to 7 gorgeous babies! They are all alive and well and momma is taking such good care of them. :happydance:

:happydance: YAY! As soon as i head that they were born , i rushed over as fast as i could! They are :heart: ADORABLE :heart:
I am SO taking one!!! How the heck are we going to figure out if they are males or females?? I am worried about accidentally taking a male. :shock: But , YAY!!! Babies!

:congrats!!: on your :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby:

You are on the right forum for sexing babies :)

Moon has never had a rescue litter but she helped me sex my latest at 24 hours old, and we were totally correct.

I wouldn't worry about it for a few days but I have sexing pics at 5 days when you are ready :D

The sex of the babies becomes VERY apparent if you wait long enough, LOL!!

But in a few days you should be able to tell by comparing the sexing photos Shelagh has. You might not be 100% correct, but you'll be close!

If momma will allow it, start getting them used to human loving now. <-- I am pretty sure. But on second thought maybe you should double check with someone who knows a little more than me. We had a momma that didn't like us, but we were holding the bubs at two days old.

Catibrie said:
If momma will allow it, start getting them used to human loving now. <-- I am pretty sure. But on second thought maybe you should double check with someone who knows a little more than me. We had a momma that didn't like us, but we were holding the bubs at two days old.

Well , i did get to hole them all , but momma did bit me. Not too hard , she did draw a little blood though. :doh: I cannot wait to sex them! I am going to try and do it on Sunday , if it is visible.

Sexing 101 with the Anogenital Method

5 week old babies with diagrams of what to look for

girl
sexinggirl1.jpg

boy
sexingboy.jpg

3 days old (Sawyer and Scooshee from Molly's babies)

Baby boy..note bigger bump and space
Babyboy1stronghoodieheld.jpg

Baby girl..note 1/2 the space, no big bump
Babygirl2mismarkedhoodieheldmar28.jpg

Here are the pics for the 8 babies. We are not sure of the sex just yet maybe you all could help? Again , sorry the pics are so big. And if you can't make it out because of bad angles or other reasons , don't worry about it , I just really want a rough estimate. Thank you!!

Baby 1
baby1.jpg

Baby2
baby2.jpg

Baby3
baby3.jpg

Baby4
baby4.jpg

Baby5
baby5.jpg

Baby6
baby6.jpg