PEW mom & 5 Newborns - Oshawa - $15

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rattymouse and I are trying to prevent this from happening again. I'll dedicate our efforts (or at least mine) to their 5 little lives. RIP babies.

Thanks. Me too! I have contacted Oasis Animal Rescue. Rattymouse has as well. Of course the guy isn't responding lately but I just checked and I do have his full address.

Take screensnaps of all the ads, and save all the photos as evidence if the OSPCA need to be called.

Rattymouse I have the photos saved. Can you please take screencaps? I know you said you have them re. Littles post but do you have these as well?

Heard from him. Apparently one of the female rats ran away so now we're down to one female (who may or may not be pregnant. I'm waiting for confirmation) and one male. He did say I can get them.

ETA She isn't pregnant. Apparently he has had 150 baby rats in 7 months using just two females. This clearly needs to be stopped.

Last edited:
Have any of the rescue places been able to offer foster space for the two rats to be rescued tomorrow? Trihkal needs help to find a foster or forever home for the male and female rat that she is going to pick up tomorrow. If anyone can help, please message us by note or here on this thread? Thanks =^.^=~

An update:

I was told to come down there on Thursday (as in tomorrow) for the past week. Suddenly I'm told to come down there today. So we drive for like 2 hours to come get these rats. Of course when we arrived there was no answer at the door. No response to emails. I still haven't heard from him.

Rattymouse I would like to see if someone official like the OSPCA or whatever can look into this as an animal cruelty case. With averages and some math I have figured out that both of those does have approximately 2 weeks between litters. 150 dead babies in 7 months alone should be enough to investigate.

Yes we shall call the OSPCA on this and if they take no action I'm going to share the e-mail of a reporter in Oshawa that I just talked to about the animal problem in Oshawa.

I've called the OSPCA and e-mailed them all the pictures, screencaps from the ads and the e-mail communications that were shared with me between Trihkal and the ad poster. I hope the OSPCA can help these poor rats :-(

Back