PEW mom & 5 Newborns - Oshawa - $15

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-pets/o...ts/1008563078?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Mother rat with 5 born today baby rats Oshawa / Durham

Date Listed 02-Aug-14
Price
$15.00
Address Burk Street, Oshawa, ON L1J, Canada
View map
Offered By Owner
White Mother rat with born today baby rats

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

Aaron is concerned about having boys long term if we couldn't find them homes especially if there are several boys. If anyone is willing to take in a couple of well socialized (they will be) baby boys when they're six weeks we could keep all girls and the mom. I will separate the boys from their mom at 5 weeks but it would be best for them to stay here for at least one more week.

I do have a small rat cage that someone could use for the boys if interested?

ETA If there was just one boy I would neuter him but if it's 4/5 we cannot afford to do so.

Last edited:
Hope you grab mom and babies fast .... before it is too late ....
I understand your concerns, and too far away to help .... but hoping .... they look so very sweet in the pics

*sigh*

This is copy pasted from the guy:

I just checked the cage and the mother abandoned the babies and they didn't survive if you wanted the babies but I also have a male rat to breed if you wanted one of them coz my other female rat escaped her outdoor cage and I don't need him anymore

Please contact Janet Smith at http://www.oasisanimalrescue.ca/ she might know of some foster people who could possibly help. I've talked to her because of those other two or four rats on Kajiji from Oshawa to find fosters or homes for if they can be rescued from the ad poster.

All of the babies passed away. There is still the mom there as well as another male and another female in an outdoor cage. Can anything be done about this? Sounds like a very shady situation

Get the remaining rats and foster them until they can be taken to a rescue or found a forever home. Trihkal, I've messaged you with the e-mail for the lady at Oasis Animal Rescue who is willing to try and help.

Back