Pearl with PT - We helped her pass

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pearls body will not let her pass so I'm going to call my vet to get her in this morning. She's just lying there, her hind end has basically given out and she can barely use her front paws.

I know I will go through this again, and I wouldn't change a thing. I gave Pearl her life back for 3 weeks having her on Pred. She was a little different but she played with her Lily again, ran around like a maniac and ate her treats. Those 3 weeks I will always treasure. I knew at the time I didn't have long with her, but trying the meds once was worth it. She wasn't in pain. She let us have her back. But I will definately listen to my rats. Pearl told me no more and she didn't respond to the increase. I am not much for medicating all the time but in this case I would do it just once.

My princess Pearl has left us. We took her to the vet, didn't even make an appt, just showed up at 9am, they didn't mind. I'm at work right now and I don't have the energy for a memorial right now, I will do one tonight.

Rest well my little special girl. Mommy and Daddy Love you. :heart:

I'm so sorry LA... But you did the right thing.. She's in a good place now. Perhaps not as good as your place was before the PT, but better then those last few hours... :sad3:

:sad3: My heart goes out to you LA...I know how that must hurt, but you did what was best and gave Pearl such a fabulous life full of loving, cared for memories. Nothing will take away that bond that the two of you shared. I am praying for you. :hugs:

I'm so, so, so sorry, LA.

I know how much you loved your Pearl, and how much Pearl adored you.

You did get some extra time together, and I know how precious that is.

Rest well, sweet Pearl.

Back