Pearl with PT - We helped her pass

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what I love? PEARLY KISSES :heart: :heart: :heart: I gots them today, not as vigerous as normal but still kisses nonetheless. I need to take a pic of her and a video as well, if I can keep her staying still long enough. :giggle:

jorats said:
We give our Dex orally.

so do I (with Dr Munn's knowledge), but some vets are like "injectable is only for that" and will only give Pred for take home meds.

We, the rat owners, are often the pioneers of treatments :)

Such fantastic news with Pearl, I would :heart: to see a video of the brave girl :joy:

Last night I decided to take some pictures of Pearl. And a small video!
That's right she's eating a cheerio, BIG difference from the last video.
http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb13 ... r09008.flv

She's taking her meds like a champ, but who wouldn't with cool whip and baby food mixed in. She was playing with her favourite playmate Lily last night and the night before and of course Lily being the wonderful girl she is, let Pearl win. Both Wayne and I are super happy with the improvement even though it's temporary, we have our Pearly Girly back for a little longer. :heart:

Pearl has gone down to one quarter pill a day instead of twice a day, starting yesterday. I talked to my vets office today and they said that if she started going downhill again I'm to let them know and they will let me up the dose again. I'm so happy.

We bought this thing called a Slim Cat, you're supposed to put cat food in it and make your cat run around after it losing weight all the while. But we bought it for cheerios, it's a great cheerio ball. Pearl was doing so well, pushing it around to get the cheerios out. It was great to see.

My vet YAY gave me 5 ml of baytril instead of 2ml this time. I'm happy about that.

Back