Our climate is awful! (Warning: RANT!!)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

I'm grateful not to I've in Tornado Alley, but the climate here is terrible for people who like to be outside. Just as the snow gets really nice for outdoor activities, we get rain and/or freezing rain that ruins it. I got one day of snowshoeing and a 5K walk-- the only other good days were when I was working. This weekend I am trapped indoors. Thick ice, slick with freezing rain, has shut down travel in much of the Maritimes. They even closed parts of the highways. Can't even get out to a gym.

So I now understand the high obesity rate in NB. Late spring brings hordes of black flies, and summers are hot and humid (I escape to a little island where I can hike near to sea breezes). Can't walk in the woods much in the fall, because it's hunting season.

I'm going to have supper and then curl up with a book. Very lucky to have power so far.

I would move back to Alberta, but you all understand why that is out of the question!

Hey, that is what Aeroplan miles are for - a treadmill! When I feel guilty about not walking the dogs, they go on the treadmill too. Tonight it is mild but REALLY windy and rainy.
I went skiing for the first time in 10 years on Sunday, but since then the weather has been rainy and the snow is leaving the ski hill as quickly as they can make it. I felt so good out there in the fresh air exercising! Someday it will happen again...

We are having the worst weather as well. Normally, I hike every single day of the year...but this winter, it's been impossible. I've hardly gone out at all and it's really getting me down. Today was very mild but freezing rain all day. I'm totally fed up and feel just awful for my dogs too. Time to start back into trick training to stimulate their minds and keep me busy.

Well I hope you're happy now! We went from the most snow we've had in years to this in ONE WEEK!

5yhubejy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

our weather has been all over the place this winter. it got cold early. we've had snow, freezing temps, then rain on top of the snow, then freezing to ice, then more snow, then rain again, then freezing it to ice again, then warming up into the 50's and 60's and rain, rain, rain, rain!!! mother nature make up your mind! I can't wait for spring. thank God we don't have black flies around here!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, I feel for you. We have crazy weather here since we're right on the ocean. One day it can be below freezing, the next day everyone is out in shorts and t-shirts. And it's absolutely dreadful for those of us who have sensitive sinuses. Ick. But at least we don't have to deal with heaps of snow, so I count us lucky for that.

We have had everything imaginable. Very cold, snow, freezing rain, Mild, Very mild, High winds, sun, mud....RAIN...Yesterday was like a beautiful spring day...I work only a sweatshirt outside for 2 hours playing with the dogs...today is mild but we have a heavy rainfall warning for later today. We had tons of ice...but noting now...not a drop of snow left after a mild and rainy weekend.

wow this has also accurately described maine. I feel ya, it sucks. I have that gazelle glider thing, when the rats go for runs on the wheel I use it, at least I can watch them&pretend its not -14 outside

So compare the picture from 8 days ago to today. We have a saying around here - if you don't like the weather, just wait five minutes, it'll change!

jyqybujy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

similar here. We lost almost all of our beautiful snow, lost a weekend to very bad freezing rain, and thEn now have snow and high winds. I try to ignore the whole thing and to be grateful for the occasional day outside.

Godmother said:
Fredericton is very close to the blizzard, but we have almost no snow. South and east NB, and NS, are getting pummeled. I wouldn't mind a bit of their spare snow. :)
No way, not giving it up. It was WAY too green around here!

we got about 8 to 10 inches of snow out of that last blizzard. at least it was dry, light and fluffy, so it was very easy to shovel. I just hope we don't have any like the one we had in February last year, the one they called Nemo. that one was baaaad!!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

This morning:
Yay spring! The snow is melting, the temperatures are getting warmer, and the flowers will start peeking out soon.

eja9ybaj.jpg

Lunch time:
Oh crap, are you serious? Damn winter is back again!

yravypaq.jpg

Back