Our climate is awful! (Warning: RANT!!)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear Fredericton missed the brunt of it this time. I snowblowed the driveway last night, and by this morning my all-wheel drive could barely make it through the snow. It was (and is) very windy, but no power outages in my area thank goodness!

I'm really getting sick of this winter. Right now, we are having another 5cm dropped on us. We have so much snow still, over 4 to 5 feet snow coverage. In the back woods/trails, if we step off the snowmobile trail we fall deep, up to our waist. If I didn't shovel my yard, my dogs could just simply walk out of our 5 foot fence. It's crazy.

Oh Joanne it's the same here in Toronto. It's the worst. It's starting to finally feel warmer. But there is still a lot of nasty snow banks.

So you would think that when you booked a trip in JULY that weather wouldn't be a factor - wrong!!
I was supposed to fly out this morning for a course that Clmntine's mom is putting on. A lovely hurricane has shut down the airport. Power just came back on after 8 hours, but I'm pretty sure that's temporary. Now booked to get out tomorrow - keep your fingers crossed!

At the graveyard just down the street: (sorry for the crappy focus)

3ega3a6e.jpg

I hate losing such big trees! That tree was over 100 years old. :(

That's Arthur. It has been blowing for 18 hours and counting. The only saving grace is that the storm started early morning so the power crews were able to work in the daylight all day. At least in NS we didn't get the rain with it. I'm sure Godmother and SQ had it worse in NB.
It was 30 degrees C yesterday and 10 today. Crazy for July!

Back