Oh Lord.... the boys have LICE!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mercurydust - It sound more like mites than lice but the treatment is the same. You need to get your hands on some Revolution, cleaning the cage and freezing the bedding isn't enough.

I think lice is worse than mites because they are visible to the naked eye, which gives me the creeps. I got a couple of boys who had lice once and I happened to be wearing a black t-shirt that day. I looked down and saw white spots that I thought were dirt or dandruff and then I realized they had legs and were moving. :sick2: I was totally grossed out - washed everything in site and for weeks afterwards I kept imagining I felt something moving in my hair!

More likely mites than lice I would think?
Bugs are the easiest thing in the ratty world to treat. Meds always work and they are taken easily in something tasty.

Acutally I did find another vet in town that someone I know took his too. I originally thought that the next closest one would be the Ivy vet that Mumsy was going to (now going to Dr. Munn). After that I think Dr. Munn would be the closest at 2 hours away :( . I kinda want to try her but it's $65 per visit for one rat whereas Dr. Driver is $48. And Dr Driver gives a better deal on seeing multiple rats (half price as opposed to 15% off or something like that). But then I could be missing out on one awesome vet.

I think I would like to try her out though to see what she's like.

LA said:
Acutally I did find another vet in town that someone I know took his too. I originally thought that the next closest one would be the Ivy vet that Mumsy was going to (now going to Dr. Munn). After that I think Dr. Munn would be the closest at 2 hours away :( . I kinda want to try her but it's $65 per visit for one rat whereas Dr. Driver is $48. And Dr Driver gives a better deal on seeing multiple rats (half price as opposed to 15% off or something like that). But then I could be missing out on one awesome vet.

I think I would like to try her out though to see what she's like.

I wish Dr. VanToledo were still alive. Midland sure had a priceless jewel when he was around.

Next time you need Revolution LA give me a call. I always have some on hand.

Back