New little lady is Pregnant :/

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also, id like the girls to go in with my ladies because I only have 1 extra cage which is for the boys. is there anything I should do intro wise? they've seen them outside of the cage but I'm afraid if there is an argument the babies stand no chance.

also, id like the girls to go in with my ladies because I only have 1 extra cage which is for the boys. is there anything I should do intro wise? they've seen them outside of the cage but I'm afraid if there is an argument the babies stand no chance.

Babies should not be intro'd to adult rats until they are at least 10 weeks because as you said the babies stand no chance. They really shouldn't even have out time together to be 100% safe. So you will have to find somewhere for them to live for another 5 weeks until they can be safely intro'd.

Babies should not be intro'd to adult rats until they are at least 10 weeks because as you said the babies stand no chance. They really shouldn't even have out time together to be 100% safe. So you will have to find somewhere for them to live for another 5 weeks until they can be safely intro'd.

merp ._. alright thankyou ^.^

I am in that waiting line right along with you haha except our 2 baby boys are 8wks old now...I can't wait to introduce them to Harry who currently has a whole half of a CN to himself since he brother became a hormonal mess..

back to the guy that had the lump, it seems to have gotten bigger and I was able to get a few pictures
imagf1-390.jpg

imagf0-389.jpg

Hmmm, his scrotal sac does not seem to be very full - perhaps it is an undescended testicle (or maybe even two). How old is he? Does it feel like there are two defined testicles in the sac?
If they are not descended, then he should probably have a neuter. For some reason I am under the impression that there is a higher risk of cancer in undescended testicles.
Either way, I think it's time for a vet visit...

Hmmm, his scrotal sac does not seem to be very full - perhaps it is an undescended testicle (or maybe even two). How old is he? Does it feel like there are two defined testicles in the sac?
If they are not descended, then he should probably have a neuter. For some reason I am under the impression that there is a higher risk of cancer in undescended testicles.
Either way, I think it's time for a vet visit...

no it only feels like there is one :| he's almost 7 weeks old on Wednesday. it's just a sucky time for a vet visit.

Yeah, vet visit with a good experienced rat vet

Years ago Godmother and I had a couple of baby boys with undescended testicles.
They were neutered and testicles removed.
The vet felt there was a health risk (cancer) if they were not neutered

:| the problem is I still live with my mom and she's the one who helps with paying for the vet.. since I have no money nor do I have a job.. and everytime I've brought up the vet she just says that I need to get rid of the babies or she'll take them all to our local pet store :| shes a good lady and loves them like I do but money is a big issue and the neuters here aren't that cheap.. bleh >.<

haven't had any luck finding them homes, but I do enjoy their company!

brothers :3
imagf2-399.jpg

imagf1-398.jpg

imagf0-397.jpg

hopefully these won't come out upside down o.0

Back