Neutering

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
correct me if i am wrong, but why would you spay and neuter ALL of your rats if neutering has no health benefits?

that being said, it's better for marking, and agression, so it's not totally pointless.

..i really wish the cheaper vet would do spays.. i'll see if i can talk him into it ;) because i would so totally spay all my girls if it didn't cost me $300. The e-spay I had done cost me $360, that's a lot to a lowly 16 year old :( it was however, worth it.

unglued said:
correct me if i am wrong, but why would you spay and neuter ALL of your rats if neutering has no health benefits?

that being said, it's better for marking, and agression, so it's not totally pointless.

..i really wish the cheaper vet would do spays.. i'll see if i can talk him into it ;) because i would so totally spay all my girls if it didn't cost me $300. The e-spay I had done cost me $360, that's a lot to a lowly 16 year old :( it was however, worth it.
To prevent accidentle litters and people carelessly breeding.

Bronwyn said:
Is it odd that my girls pee everywhere? I don't think my boys ever marked as much as they do. :shock:

I neutered a boy once due to aggression and it didn't improve anything. Marking or his personality. :(

My girls are pee-queens. Some days they're really good and I don't notice anything, but some days it's like they're carrying Niagara Falls! Molly's even been dubbed Molly McPee.

I just thank them kindly and say "I love you,too." My husband threatens to pee back. :badidea:

I think it's cute, but maybe that's weird.... :nod:

Molly&Binx'sMum said:
Bronwyn said:
Is it odd that my girls pee everywhere? I don't think my boys ever marked as much as they do. :shock:

I neutered a boy once due to aggression and it didn't improve anything. Marking or his personality. :(

My girls are pee-queens. Some days they're really good and I don't notice anything, but some days it's like they're carrying Niagara Falls! Molly's even been dubbed Molly McPee.

I just thank them kindly and say "I love you,too." My husband threatens to pee back. :badidea:

My boys don't pee on me anymore but as soon as Coal gets on my Bf he's like a geyser :lol: peeing all over him and anything that belongs to him or may have my bf's smell on it especially my bf's cell and tv remotes :shock: my bf also threatens Coal with payback peeing :roll: men and their pee habits :D

chicky82 said:
Molly&Binx'sMum said:
Bronwyn said:

My boys don't pee on me anymore but as soon as Coal gets on my Bf he's like a geyser :lol: peeing all over him and anything that belongs to him or may have my bf's smell on it especially my bf's cell and tv remotes :shock: my bf also threatens Coal with payback peeing :roll: men and their pee habits :D

:rofl3: Those silly boys!

Back