Nakies rescued last Christmas: Update a year later pg 11

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit a few years ago I thought nakies were pretty homely. Now I am totally smitten with them! :heart:
They are getting so much more social and confident every day. The only problem is that now the babies are climbing the outside of the cage like monkeys. I really have no idea how that little Juno is doing it!

Joanne said:
I have to admit a few years ago I thought nakies were pretty homely. Now I am totally smitten with them! :heart:
They are getting so much more social and confident every day. The only problem is that now the babies are climbing the outside of the cage like monkeys. I really have no idea how that little Juno is doing it!

My Wally likes to scale the cage like spiderman too..... he is a daredevil where his brother Tucker is more reserved and laid back.

It has been a year since the nakies came into my life, so I guess it's time for an update:
Daisy and Cleo went together and are loved by a young teenage boy who gives them free rein.
The other two: Fiona has died and Gertie is on her own and getting tons of attention. I was hoping to find someone for her, but her owner can't bear to part with her for intros at my house. I am still thinking about Toby if he continues to be afraid of the dogs. I may not be able to after another three weeks though!
At my house I kept six. Dixie with the manic head waving died from a PT. The other five are doing great. The eye problems and blindness haven't changed in the past year.
We have Albert the man rat, Ruby the matriarch who has one enlarged eye that looks scary but has been stable, and then the three kids; Eddie the pi-rat who lost one eye, Juno my favorite who lost both her eyes, and beautiful Jade who climbs like a monkey and flies like the wind.

image.jpg

Update Feb 8, 2015:
Today I said goodbye to the matriarch Ruby. She had congestive heart failure and was struggling to breathe all the time, so I didn't think it was fair to keep her around for my sake.

The girls that were adopted out have all left for the Bridge. Rest easy sweet Gertie, Daisy and Cleo. Ruby will be happy to see you. :heart:

That leaves me with the older guy Albert, and the three young ones Jade, Juno and Eddie. They have been joined by a couple of furry ones: Tabitha from PEI and my skittery guy Toby. The two young girls are happy about the addition of Toby - they think he's sexy. :cheeky:

I love how dumbo naked rats look. There is just something so off looking with them. We had a few dumbo naked boys, I miss them :)

Back