My Tumour Boys...Percy, Twiggy & Toby update 7/24

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MUCH nicer tonight :joy:

mar21Elisabscess.jpg

It's so funny, I look through your photos, even your improvement photos, & think... "my god, that would have me crying all the way to the vet at 80mph"... perhaps your threads will desensitize me to this stuff, but I'm certainly not there yet. Not for lack of a great effort on your part, though. :sick2: :laugh4:

PS - thanks for the advice on my neuter goolie photos. Without you, I would have another vet bill on my hand. & like you said, they healed up just fine. You are beyond words, my dear. :hugs:

Well Percy's tumour is still the same...growing slowly. He's still terrified of hands, but once I get him out he settled down. He along with most of the RTR's are aging rapidly.

apr5Percybutt.jpg

See how far his hind foot are pushed forward? And how he's sitting on his rump?
apr5Percy1.jpg

The RTR's all get the same look, their heads thin out, their bodies lower, and they really lose condition. I have seen it in so many now. They must ALL be related.

apr5Percy2.jpg

apr5Percy3.jpg

and this is the first time he actually enjoyed scritches, but only right on the back of his neck, if I changed my spot he would panic. Poor love. :sad3: I have moved his cage out to the livingroom to see if he likes the change of scenery.

apr5Percyenjoyingscritches.jpg

Waco's "tumour" has disappeared it seems, I wonder if he had a small abscess instead? He's actually acting much healthier than most of his counterparts and still just as nasty...no mellowing with age for this one. :laugh4: Actually I can pick him up and hold him, but as soon as he smells other rats, his aggression kicks into high gear.

apr5Waco.jpg

and Twiggy had a little up and down, where the infection came back a bit, I cleaned out the teeny bit, and started him on baytril again and the smell and lump was gone in 3 days :)

A happy googly-eyed Twiggy says Good Morning!! :mrgreen:
apr5Percysgooglyeyes.jpg

Back