My Tumour Boys...Percy, Twiggy & Toby update 7/24

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a few updates...

Waco does have a lump on his belly now but he's so aggressive I can only examine it periodically. He's doing pretty well other than that, no respiratory issues, happy in his hammock, waiting for human flesh to approach. :D

grumpy old man...I have to be careful touching the bottom of his hammock...he will attempt to bite through it
jun26Waco.jpg

jun2Waco2.jpg

Rubbing
jun26Wacorubbing.jpg

Twiggy is doing GREAT!! No reoccurence at all so far :joy:

jun26Twiggy2.jpg

jun26Twiggy.jpg

and Percy...hip lump is still there and growing slowly...sigh :undecided: and he now has a lump on his belly...not attached. Poor lumpy bugger.

Getting him out of his cage for Out time and to clean his cage is a bit difficult. I have to tempt him out with a dish of Ensure. He will almost be out, but his legs will still be on the cage and he will lose his nerve and pull back inside, over and over...finally he really really wants that Ensure and will come out fully. I let him drink it then close the cage door (he panics, then I grab him up gently with some cloth and put him on the computer desk...where he quickly becomes happy again).

jun25Percy.jpg

jun25Percy2.jpg

jun25Percy3.jpg

What a crew! Looks like the pretty-in-pink hammock does nothing to reduce Waco's grumpiness :giggle:

Twiggy is a sweetheart. Hope all the boys continue to do well, despite lumps and personality quirks.

I guess I am going to have to add RTR Toby to this list as he has a tumour on his flank that is scabby now :( Twiggy's abscess has not returned but his fur has grown back longer from that area and he looks like he has a ruff on one side LOL

Percy is letting me gently handle him without trying to bite me, has to be all on his own terms and I have to watch him carefully for changes in his eyes/body language. He ADORES peach puffs that Patricia left here for my crew...

Here you can see the lump on his side...last week he got a bath which he was NOT impressed with.

jul24Percy2.jpg

More please?
Jul24Percy3.jpg

Of course!!!
Jul24Percy4.jpg

I'm glad you can read rattie body language well enough to know when to keep your fingers to yourself! They need someone like you to put up with their cantankerous selves. Sorry about the tumours, I've got some in my crew too...

I have to be very careful with Percy, Huron, Waco, Toby sometimes, and also Gideon if he's in a mood. Boris (neutered), Malcolm and Finley are dolls. :heart:

Poor Toby aging fast with a tumour that is scabby.

jul24Toby.jpg

jul24Toby2.jpg

More Percy, I was able to cuddle him again :D I gave him a back bath the other week as he has buckgrease in clumps and "scabs"...over his tumor and on his back. His fur is thinning on his spine as well. Bathing him is only a complete necessity thing, as he starts to gasp from stress. I try to brush him with a toothbrush sometimes, when he lets me.

The tumour on his belly and his hip
jul30Percystumours.jpg

jul30buckgreaseonhistumur2.jpg

jul30buckgreaseonhistumur.jpg

jul30buckgreasePercy.jpg

Looking much more relaxed than he used to. Cuddles with a difficult rat are heartwarming!!
jul30Percy.jpg

Back