My rat's just been admitted, please read, need help!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lilspaz68 said:
I have never used the hibiscrub myself, but I would flush with saline, and then use the hibiscrub after if its anything like betadine. As for metacam, give him a half dose tonight then a full dose tomorrow. Did they say what dose to give him? His weight? The concentration of the metacam? (1.5 or .5 mg/ml)

It's 1.5mg/ml oral suspension, and the vet said to give him a 1kg dose one daily with food.

I can double check his weight later, but I know they did t there but can't remember exactly of the top f my head, sorry x

victoria said:
Do you mean a 1 mg or a 1 ml/cc dose per day?

The syringe he has given me is in kg, and he told me to give 1kg a day. Just measured it next to the ml syringe I use for his baytrill and it works out (very roughly) at about 0.07 ml I think

Can you take a picture of the syringe? Is it one of the ones that comes with the Metacam package?

Can you get a kitchen scale to weigh him or ask the vet to give you his weight?

victoria said:
Can you take a picture of the syringe? Is it one of the ones that comes with the Metacam package?

Can you get a kitchen scale to weigh him or ask the vet to give you his weight?

It's the tiny one that comes with the metacam, says metacam on it. Really thin. Will get a picture after for you, and will weigh him in a minute xx

Thank you all for your kind words.

Unfortunately it's just taken over him so fast, and has produced a massive wound that's practically taken over the whole left side of his face. He's now head shaking, and only wanting to cuddle Pinky.

Tomorrow (vet's allowing) we are letting him go to the bridge to be pain free, and running around again.

I can't talk about it any more. We have no idea what to expect.

Devastated.

:hugs: I am so very sorry for you and your baby :hugs: You have done wonderful for your boy and it is a great thing to help him cross the bridge before he is in any more pain. :heart: :heart:

I'm so sorry. I lost one of my formers to what I believe was ZGT, and it looked like what you posted. I commend you for doing so much to try and help bring your wee one some comfort, and for being loving enough to help your wee one out of that pain when you no longer could. ZGT is a brutal thing to face and really nothing to be done to fix it. I'm so very sorry for you both. <3

Back