My Phat Girl Pea has PT *cries* A good update for once :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

I will use her illness to show others what happens, classic symptoms not in words but in pictures.

I noticed a few days ago, she seemed quieter and she was a bit porphy...I started her on baytril just in case. Two nights ago she was wobbly when she used to be very strong and active. She may have saddlebags but this girl could climb and explore! I would pick her up and her weight felt limp and light and she would kick her back legs weakly, almost like a reflex. I thought I saw her do the pushback (see below) but wasn't sure. But when my Explorer Pea just wanted to cuddle up and sleep with mom while I stroked her during Out time I knew I would have to watch her.

This is not an easy one for me, I really really don't want to lose this brave, courageous and now loving girl, but I think fate/bad genetics are deciding that for me. :cry3:

Tonight it was heavily confirmed. The PT pushback is now very often so it is progressing fast.
PeadoesthePTpushbackdec17.jpg

Tikal shows it off a lot better
PTPushback.jpg

Trying to groom but falling over
Peawobblingandfallingoverdec17.jpg

Not able to grasp the cheerio
Peaunabletograspdec17.jpg

and then she drops it and they do this awkward thing with their body sometimes with the forelegs out front
Peadropsthecheeriodec17.jpg

She is able to eat if I hold it for her
PeaeatsifIholditdec17.jpg

She is not bruxxing incessantly or head bumping, so those are 2 common symptoms she isn't showing...but each case is different with slight variances on symptoms presented and when they show.

My beautiful porphy Pea :heart: :heart:
MybeautifulporphyPeadec17.jpg

I will be picking up Ensure for when I need to start syringing. I will be scratching all itchies, rubbing ears, bathing her if she gets too messy and starting her on her first dose of dex added to the regime tonight. I have my fingers crossed that she responds well. :sad3:

Mom, I'm not sick right? :sad-p:
MomImnotsickrightdec17.jpg

Oh, how disheartening. PT takes them so fast sometimes, with no time to get used to the idea.

Fingers and paws crossed that your Pea will do well on the Dex. Kisses :tumkiss: and banana mash to her.

PT is pituitary tumor.
I'm sorry Shelagh. :hugs: I just had Sara but hers was very slow growing. Let's hope it's the same for your girl.

Have you tried her on steroids? I have had girls with it int eh past, but unfortunatly for them it was very fast....My girl Pepper has it right now too, but she is on Prednisone, and it has made a HUGE difference! When I first took her in, she was circling, doing the push back a bit, very unsteady and seemed unsure of things...then the vet gave her a shot of it and within a few hours she was almost back to her old self... Now she takes it in pill form, but I am just so happy that it is working and she is doing so much better!

I really hope your little Pea has a slow growing one, and that with a little luck and lots of love she can feel a bit better for awhile at least. I am sure she knows how much you love her! Lots of good wishes and kisses for Pea and you!

Oh I'm so so sorry :sad3: :sad3: You captured the symptoms far too well, and my heart just breaks (and reminds me of my several girls I lost to PT) with you. It's that "lost look" that really gets to you, when you see it. :cry3:

She's still a beautiful girl. And that last pic she looks quite alert. Hopefully, you'll have some more time with her. :sad3:

Well its not good news tonight. She has had little response/improvement with the addition of the dex. If anything her grasping ability is even worse and she's clubbing all feet.

I will continue with the treatment in the hopes that maybe it needs more time, or if it really is slowing it down, I want as much time as possible with her. :sad3:

Back