My New "Strong" Girls - Adira's Next Issue :/

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is Flamazine? An antibiotic?

Flamazine is a antibiotic ointment that they use on burn victims, etc. Dr Munn loves the stuff apparently :p

Her routine right now is get the scab off that has formed, then take the sterile saline, use a syringe to pull up 1 ml, then unscrew the needle. Flush the cavity vigorously, then using the flamazine and a syringe, push it right into the cavity. AFter this the boring Intrasite gel goes on her rapidly closing wound on her leg :D

I am supposed to flush 1 to 2 times a day and same for the Flamazine. I decided to flush twice and use the Flamazine in the morning.

She's down to 269 grams again...sigh, she gets stressed and won't eat, so now I have to build her back up again.

I hope she feels better soon, she just can't seem to catch a break. Good news about it being just an abscess, though. You must be magic with the treatments, though. I could hardly get my boys to sit still the two seconds it too to put medicine in their mouths. I can only imagine what you're doing. She must be so patient. <3

I hope she feels better soon, she just can't seem to catch a break. Good news about it being just an abscess, though. You must be magic with the treatments, though. I could hardly get my boys to sit still the two seconds it too to put medicine in their mouths. I can only imagine what you're doing. She must be so patient. <3

Hahah she's horribly squirmy...it seems like there are 6 little front paws pushing me away, but I persist, stop when she's getting too stressed for cuddles and kisses, and we get the job done :thumbup:

Haha! Not good to hear about your finger, but I'm glad some of the other ladies like it. Mixing it will probably work for Adira. It should be good for her weight gain, which means I should be giving my boys less.

I *just* read this thread, beginning to end. Sending quick healing vibes to all the wee ones. It's amazing to see the things you gals are able to accomplish. <3

Unfortunately Adira's jaw abscess healed too quickly and she is going in tomorrow for another look-see, possible lancing to clean it out again...poor Adira :(

the yellow is UNDER the skin

Mar2914Adirasjawabscess.jpg~original

BUT in great news, about 3 days ago I weighed her and she was a whopping 289 grams!! :D For comparison, she was 256 g after her surgery, 248 grams after all the vet visits/stress and her leg. So this is a lovely gain. She is solid and bright and this morning I even found her toddling on the wheel for the first time ever!!! :toothy2:

Mar2914Adira2.jpg~original

Mar2914Adira.jpg~original

They all seem to heal to quickly. Every time you turn around it's closed up again! Hopefully not too much has to be done.
Yay! She's running! That must feel SOOO good for her!! She looks very happy :)

Lovely Adira...
I hope Dr. Munn can get things cleared up. The location looks like it's tooth-related.
I'm so glad she has gained some much needed weight!

Wellll...

Dr Munn has no clue what is wrong with my Adira. BUT it has not closed up, that yellow you see is her jaw bone.

We are switching her to 1/2 saline, 1/2 hydrogen peroxide flushes, and her abs will be the HATED Chloramphenicol Palmitate.

Lets see what happens this time :p

They adore her at the clinic, calling her lovely. :heart:

Hmmm, osteonecrosis of the jaw?

Poor lovely Adira...
Is she still gaining weight?

No idea but Dr Munn is sure that its not involving the teeth still, there's just no indications of it. She sadly got bored and chewed her leg muscle again...bugger. She's a funny little thing :(

She is much happier and solid and the greedy guts now snatches food from me whereas she wouldn't before...that there is a huge improvement. I am making sure she gets Ensure and baby cereal alternated as an evening snack to keep the weight gain going :)

Back