My House is ALWAYS Open/ NOT any more I kicked her out today

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh!!!

Change the locks after she leaves, maybe?

She MUST come to understand that the rules are the rules are the rules. She's lucky it isn't a century ago, a sleepover like that would have ended in a marriage or a whipping (not in favor of the first, but the latter might do her some good...).

What is it about kids these days? Of course, I say that and I'm 27 years old (so kind of in her generational pool) and living with my parents... But when I moved back in with them from having lived with my now-ex-boyfriend, I didn't take anything for granted, and I still don't. Granted, my room is a bit messy... but only my room. Otherwise, everything else in the house is spotless, I put all the dishes into the dishwasher or I put them away, I do my own laundry and everything. If I don't have clean clothes, I've no one but myself to blame - and I've yet to run out of clean clothes! Even Cera and Ducky have their neat little niche in the house, and I keep it as clean as possible - bringing them home was probably the biggest adjustment for my parents, since we'd been without any animals in the house for years and years. But I made them a promise that I would keep them clean and minimize any smells, and they've never had cause for complaint - in fact, my Dad loves going and visiting with the girls and says he especially adores their tiny feet.

Julia sounds like she's grossly immature, and probably thinks that adults will always forgive her or pick up after her, to the point where she never has to exert herself or follow any rules. What a rude awakening when she finds out she can't act like that in the working world without consequences!

Well, I just read this thread from the beginning. I'm glad that you opened your home to these two CHILDREN. Unfortunately, the children still have some growing up to do. I'm glad one is gone and the other is hopefully gone tonight. You gave them a chance, and they screwed it up. Hopefully they will learn there are consequences to their actions, that giving them a place to live doesn't mean you can walk all over the homeowner, and if you act disrespectful, it won't be tolerated. Maybe once they grow up they will look back and be ashamed of how they acted....... We can dream, can't we?.............

Joanne said:
Well, I just read this thread from the beginning. I'm glad that you opened your home to these two CHILDREN. Unfortunately, the children still have some growing up to do. I'm glad one is gone and the other is hopefully gone tonight. You gave them a chance, and they screwed it up. Hopefully they will learn there are consequences to their actions, that giving them a place to live doesn't mean you can walk all over the homeowner, and if you act disrespectful, it won't be tolerated. Maybe once they grow up they will look back and be ashamed of how they acted....... We can dream, can't we?.............

I don't think Julia will ever be sorry.
Right now Stacey is helping her unpack.
She gets what she wants by being bossy and how Stacey puts up with it I'll never know. :roll:
It would be a miracle indeed if she ever apologized.

:cheering: :cheering: SHE'S GONE!!! :joy: :cloud9: :cheering: :cheering:
She ignored me and hid until she left.
I think my actions speak louder than any words I could have said.
NOT that she would have listened. :roll:
She didn't pay the rent for Feb but when Jim asked she said she would pay $150.00 next week.
She just offhandedly said thanks to Jim when he was leaving her new place.
Did she offer gas $$?
No.
This girl, who is turning 19 next week has some serious growing up to do.
The house seems lighter already. :D
At least Julio sat with me and had an adult conversation about why he had to leave.(which is on Saturday)
He even cooked his famous burritos for us a few times.
Later on this month he wants to come back and cook us a huge meal to say thank you.
I think Julio learned his lesson as for Julia Mc.?
Time will tell when her two room mates who love her now, change there minds when she shows her "true colours" so to speak.
My Julia is going to be so happy to have her bedroom to herself again. :cuddle:
Thanx for listening to me rant and rave.
Tomorrow is a shiny new day.
Yay me!!!

I read this whole thread through earlier today, and I have to say, I'm appalled at the behaviour of "my" generation. I just turned 20 in August, but even as a 16-year-old I had better sense than to be rude, dismissive, and disrespectful to someone who would allow me into their home, even though it was only ever for visits and sleep-overs. If I were invited for dinner, I would always help to clear the table, unless it made the hosts feel uncomfortable (on several occasions they had to ask me to stop, because they didn't think a guest should be doing those kinds of things when they had invited me over) and I would always attempt to make as little of a mess in their home as possible, immediately cleaning up whatever ones I did happen to make. I mean, it's just common curtsey, but I fear that many in my generation have failed to grasp such an "unfathomable" concept. I honestly feel as though the biggest problem is that they are just plain LAZY. While we definitely have been given a massive advantage in our educational development with the use of technological advances, the majority of people I encounter have come to rely far too much on something or someone to do it for them.

I will admit, I didn't have the smoothest upbringing (what with my stepfather and I getting into massive arguments almost daily because I refused to allow him to treat me the way he did without at least making my feelings on the matter known, and my mother standing by crying because she "hates that we can't just get along" - seriously, some people are just not meant to raise children) but never once did I swear at my parents in an argument, threaten to run away, or any number of childish things which I would not be at all surprised to learn this girl has done. My parents even still have a very strict "no boys in your bed" rule when I come home to visit, and I respect that; one night sleeping in separate beds is not going to kill us, and it will make my parents happy that I respect them enough to listen, regardless of whether I would like to or not.

Sharlee, you were nothing short of an amazing soul to take in a child when it appeared she needed help (which she does, but she seems fairly undeserving) but it is clear that there are still some major lessons which she has to learn. Unfortunately for her, instead of learning them in the safety and security of a "family" unit, she will have to struggle on her own and come to learn them the hard way. As much as I wish for this girl to learn her lesson and smarten up, I would not be surprised if she's just flushed her one sure chance at a successful, happy life right down the toilet.

Have I mentioned lately that I love you guys?
The only people in my entire life to give me unconditional love and support has been my best friend, My InLaws and my brother.
Now I can add you lovely people to the list.
Thank you for listen and offering support.
It means more to me than you will ever know. :heart:

Back