My House is ALWAYS Open/ NOT any more I kicked her out today

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sharlees rattakisses said:
I lived with my best friend and her family twice in my teens and early 20's.
They had to ask me to stop cleaning.
They also commented that I was so unobtrusive that it was like I didn't live there.
Silly me for thinking these ungrateful young adults would be the same. :wallbang:
Now I am the b***h and It's getting quite chilly in here.
The way I'm spoken to boggles my mind.
I would NEVER in a zillion years talked to a friends Mom they way I am being spoken to.
So I stay in my room.
How come I live in a crowded house but feel so alone?
As usual my good intentions come back and bite me in the butt. :gaah:
Thanks for letting me vent. :heart: :cuddle:

I'm sorry the kids are a bunch of brats. I think what counts here are your intentions, and you're intentions were pure and beautiful.
I don't have any advice for you. Just remember, you are NEVER alone. My inbox is always open and I'm happy to be a ear for you to vent to.

I was extremely touched when I originally read that you took in Julia. Now I'm disappointed to read how they have been treating you. You do not deserve to feel uncomfortable in your own home. They didn't appreciate the wonderful gift you gave them. I don't blame you at all for putting a deadline on this one. It needed to be done. <3

Godmother said:
Wow, all I can think is, "Why wait for March?". They could be out by mid-Feb at the latest

I promised them until the end of March and I keep my promises even if it kills me.
It's gonna be a happy day when I see them, there bad attitudes and copious amounts of belongings leave my house. :joy:

daisylynn said:
Sharlees rattakisses said:
I lived with my best friend and her family twice in my teens and early 20's.
They had to ask me to stop cleaning.
They also commented that I was so unobtrusive that it was like I didn't live there.
Silly me for thinking these ungrateful young adults would be the same. :wallbang:
Now I am the b***h and It's getting quite chilly in here.
The way I'm spoken to boggles my mind.
I would NEVER in a zillion years talked to a friends Mom they way I am being spoken to.
So I stay in my room.
How come I live in a crowded house but feel so alone?
As usual my good intentions come back and bite me in the butt. :gaah:
Thanks for letting me vent. :heart: :cuddle:

I'm sorry the kids are a bunch of brats. I think what counts here are your intentions, and you're intentions were pure and beautiful.
I don't have any advice for you. Just remember, you are NEVER alone. My inbox is always open and I'm happy to be a ear for you to vent to.

Many many thanks to all who listen and give their support. :cuddle: :heart: :heart: :heart:

crumbilina said:
:hugs:

You have done something so wonderful for these kids. I would be kissing the ground you walk on if it were me.

Makes me sad that people of *almost* my generation can be this way. Where is the thankfulness and respect.
Good for you for telling them to leave, it sounds like they need a reality check.

Seconding this--I'm 19 and wouldn't act like this in a situation like that! I'm always grateful when I get to stay at people's houses and I try to go the extra mile when I can (other than that time that I forgot to make the guest bed at my friend's house :emb: she was not happy...). I'm messy but if someone asks me to clean I do it >.< And I never was as messy at my parents' house as I am at my own.

Stacey's boyfriend Julio is moving out in a week and Julia Mc. is moving out March 1st. :joy:
Now if Stacey can find a job she will move out with Julio.
My Julia will be paying $200.00 a month from now on.
This news goes along way to alleviate some of my stress.
After a Doctors visit tomorrow I hope to find out what is making and keeping me sick since before Christmas.
One step at a time.
One day at a time. :cuddle:

I pretty much hate kids and teenagers are just as bad. I'm only 26 and I'm already saying things like "kids have no respect these day" and what not. Still, I think that this sounds terrible. Even though I am strongly opposed to be more people on this over crowded immoral earth, I would probably take in a kid in that situation too. My mother wasn't very kind to me after I turned 18. Something snapped in her brain because she couldn't boss me around anymore. We would have a disagreement about something and she would fly into a raging tantrum and storm out of the room. I would try to get her to talk to me about it and she would say I was harassing her. Finally I moved out and just stopped talking to her becuae I though she couldn't stand me. After about a year we reconciled and she accepted me as an adult. Things were very nice for a long time. Then we had a falling out about a choice I made about me having kids. We haven't spoken in almost 2 years and we live in the same city. If it wasn't for the kind people that took me in when I moved out of my mom's I would have thought the environment I was raised in was normal. I may have had a kid and raised it the same way. It's a terrible cycle that is hard to end.
You are doing an amazing thing by showing this girl a healthy family life. Hopefully she soaks it up like a sponge like I did and becomes an amazing strong person because of it. It's people like you that help make the world a little bit better. Like I said, I really don't like kids or teenagers but I fully support giving a young mind the opportunity to live a psychologically healthy life.
Kudos!

Ummm, now I'm thinking that my unsavviness with blogging has caused me to miss a chunk of this story. I can't figure out what is going on but if that girl you took in caused problems then I am truly sorry to hear that. I for one learned from the people that helped me and became a better person because of it.

lostnstars said:
Ummm, now I'm thinking that my unsavviness with blogging has caused me to miss a chunk of this story. I can't figure out what is going on but if that girl you took in caused problems then I am truly sorry to hear that. I for one learned from the people that helped me and became a better person because of it.

Thank you for your lovely comments. :cuddle:
I am a giver.
Always have been, always will be.
Sometime my good intentions are abused and I have learned some hard lessons because of this.
I will still continue to help people but I will have to think long and hard before I let anyone move into my house again.
I am tired of being used and taken for granted.
Julia Mc actually had the nerve to ask if it would be okay if she could pay half of her $300 rent because she wanted to buy new towels & things for her new apt.
When I suggested Value Village she shuddered and made a ewwww face.
I then mentioned that she had been drying her butt on Value Village towels for months and didn't get a disease. :roll:
I said no on the rent decrease by the way because why should we have to give her a break?
Rent has to be paid.
Simple as that.
She asked my husband to drive her to Walmart to buy Apt stuff, to her new place then to work. :shock:
He just came home from working a busy 24 hour shift.
I would have said no but that's his choice.
Right now my house is silent.
No one is home but me.
This hasn't happened for well over a year. :bliss:

EDIT: The peace lasted 10 mins. :gaah:
I need to buy a "cone of silence." :giggle:

This thread has just now come to my attention. It's reminding me of how I felt when my husband's 20-something year old son moved in with us "for a month" that turned into 5 months. Lots of the same stuff, he was the sloppiest person I have EVER known and "yes-ed" me when I asked him to do anything -- and never did it. It caused a HUGE stress for me at home, and between my husband and me as well, because I had to push him to tell his son the free ride was over and he had to get out.

After he left, I just told my husband outright that he is never welcome to move back in to our house. Visits are okay, but that's it. My husband was shocked that I would say such a thing about his son. :gaah: But we made it past that.... we're still married..

So... if the circumstances permit... after these folks move out... I say get yourself a bottle of wine and put your feet up for a whole evening. Or pick something you'd like to do just for you.. 'cause you deserve a little pampering! :hugs:

ChrisK said:
This thread has just now come to my attention. It's reminding me of how I felt when my husband's 20-something year old son moved in with us "for a month" that turned into 5 months. Lots of the same stuff, he was the sloppiest person I have EVER known and "yes-ed" me when I asked him to do anything -- and never did it. It caused a HUGE stress for me at home, and between my husband and me as well, because I had to push him to tell his son the free ride was over and he had to get out.

After he left, I just told my husband outright that he is never welcome to move back in to our house. Visits are okay, but that's it. My husband was shocked that I would say such a thing about his son. :gaah: But we made it past that.... we're still married..

So... if the circumstances permit... after these folks move out... I say get yourself a bottle of wine and put your feet up for a whole evening. Or pick something you'd like to do just for you.. 'cause you deserve a little pampering! :hugs:

:heart: :heart: :heart: Thank you!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
I can't drink because I take too many drugs but........DEATH BY CHOCOLATE sounds good. :lol:

Yum death by chocolate. You definitely deserve to relax regardless of how you choose to do so. I'm still pretty disappointed by them taking advantage of your kindness. I can't say I blame you for not wanting people to move in anymore but I am glad they haven't stopped you from helping people entirely. The world needs more people like you!

Last night Julia Mc really showed me how much of a spoiled, rude brat she is. :redhot:
She brought a new boyfriend over last night. That's fine.
BUT what I didn't like was.
1. She wore her salty dirty boots through the house and upstairs.
2. She deliberately brought booze into my house, when I asked her NOT to.
Julia knows that my father was an alcoholic and having the smell of tequila & booze filling up the upstairs brings back horrible memories.
3.She and her boyfriend "fell asleep" leaving my Julia no choice but to sleep on a 2 seater love seat. (she is 6'2)
She crawled into bed with me when her dad got up at 9:30am and had to work today at 2.
4. The worse thing is that Julia Mc, KNEW the no boyfriends sleep over rule from the beginning.
She let a strange man sleep in MY house next door to my 15 year old daughters bedroom!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:
I had strangers come into my room during my Dad's booze parties when I was a teenager.
She knew all this but decided not to care.
The lack of respect, rudeness and gaul just astounds me. :shock:
She knows I'm very angry and hasn't had the decency to come out of her room to talk to me.
Stacey told her how angry I am.
Julia is packing.
This spoiled little girl is out on her self centred rear.
My husband will help her move just so I can be rid of her.
I am so angry and upset I wasn't able to sleep last night.
Your free ride is over sweetheart.
Good riddance!!!

She can't leave if she doesn't come downstairs. :roll:
3:32pm and I have yet to see her. :redhot:
I think she is afraid to feel my wrath.
I will relax when I see her leave with all her stuff.

:hugs:

I would be in a world of hurt if I acted the way that she has. I'm astounded.
Thank goodness that YOU are at least a part of this story to restore faith in the human race since mine has dwindled to almost nothing.
You are an amazing person for opening your door to this kid...
I can't believe how things have turned out. Who would have thought that someone could do such an amazing thing for someone only to be kicked pretty hard in the rear.

But just think... soon... no more!!! And *maybe* quiet?

I'm so sorry these people took advantage of you this way. I'm glad they'll be out of your house soon. You don't deserve that kind of stress in your life. Hopefully (but doubtfully), they may learn something from it.

Back