My Heart is Breaking... Eli WOOT!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found out everything looks worse on a hairless than a furred rat lol but I just love the faces of the hairless. I hope his weight gets back on him soon.

Joanne said:
lilspaz68 said:
He LOVES sleeping with me, and a new favourite place is to sleep over my hip/side when I sleep on my side. LOL
Aren't you afraid of squishing him in your sleep? I would be petrified!

I am a scary light sleeper...even without a rat I toss and shift and turn a LOT. Haven't squished anyone yet. IF I am sick or exhausted I won't have anyone out, just in case. If I have a very sick rat I need to keep an eye on, then they will go into a hospital cage ON my bed where I can check up on them.

Aw - well, at least he really likes having his amped up breakfast! I imagine the headshaking might be partially from the eye, but in the case of the water bowl I'm willing to bet he had a water drop (or felt he had one) on his whiskers, and while rats who can see wouldn't be phased by that until they'd finished eating/drinking, his whiskers have probably become his 'eyes', so it felt disconcerting to have anomalous 'feedback' about his environment.

Well Eli is back with his friends and it is going very well. I noticed when handwrestling with Zeus, Hermes and Leo that the dad and son will bounce all around Eli but make sure not to bump him, while Leo isn't so kind. He tried to play with Eli and that worried my blind man a bit but not enough to make him stop looking for me.

"Where are you??"
dec20Eli1.jpg

"Over here??"
dec20Eli2.jpg

There you are!!
dec20Eli3.jpg

I carefully offer the back of my hand
dec20Eli4.jpg

and he climbed right up to my shoulder where I got in more butt kisses and he sat and groomed on my shoulder. :mrgreen:

Then he went back to his friends
Leo trying to play with Eli
dec20LeoattemptingtoplaywithEli.jpg

The gang
dec20EliandFriends.jpg

YAY!!!! :bliss:

Back