Munster wont eat/drink after surgery - He's gone <3

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:heart: :sad3: RIP sweet beautiful Munster, sorry you and your new friends has such a short time together :sad3: :heart: I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm sure its nothing you did. Poor Munster was sick from the beginning and you gave him love up until the end. He's free of his pain now :cuddle: :heart: I hope he will be waiting for Finn and Curley so they will have a friend over the bridge :cry: :heart: :hugs:

Thanks so much. That is a beautiful thought dspch911, and I'll hope he certainly is there to greet yours when it is time, which I hope isn't too soon yet.

I told him what a good boy he was, how much he was loved and how much I was going to miss not getting to know him more. He had love and headkisses right up until the end, he looked into my eyes most of the time and I just felt he was telling me I had to let go. I don't honestly think there was anything more to be done that would have been fair to him, and he had already put up a hell of a fight.

I had that thought as well, that I wasn't sure who would be waiting for him when he got there as I never saw him with companions. I simply hoped that perhaps he had some of his own waiting for him, and I told him that I was sure some of mine would be there as well. I told him I was so, so, so sorry. That he was perfection and I was sorry if I somehow broke him or that I couldn't save him. I told him I wished I had had the chance to know him sooner, but that I couldn't have asked for more from him except time. <3

violet976 said:
Thanks so much. That is a beautiful thought dspch911, and I'll hope he certainly is there to greet yours when it is time, which I hope isn't too soon yet.

I told him what a good boy he was, how much he was loved and how much I was going to miss not getting to know him more. He had love and headkisses right up until the end, he looked into my eyes most of the time and I just felt he was telling me I had to let go. I don't honestly think there was anything more to be done that would have been fair to him, and he had already put up a hell of a fight.

I had that thought as well, that I wasn't sure who would be waiting for him when he got there as I never saw him with companions. I simply hoped that perhaps he had some of his own waiting for him, and I told him that I was sure some of mine would be there as well. I told him I was so, so, so sorry. That he was perfection and I was sorry if I somehow broke him or that I couldn't save him. I told him I wished I had had the chance to know him sooner, but that I couldn't have asked for more from him except time. <3

I say those things to Curley and Finn every day too ... if fact today their daddy was holding them and I told him they are probably enjoying being held without being cried on. I will make sure to tell Finn & Curley to look for Munster when their time comes... :heart: :cuddle:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

you did not break him, so banish that thought. You both fought the good fight and while your time together was short, he soaked up a lot of love and will carry that with him always.
he could not have found his way into a better home nor a purer heart.
my heart aches for you.
I am so sorry you didn't get more time together.

Awww sweetie, I'm so sorry Munster couldn't hang on to his rally. You tried so hard for him, and he was one of those boys that you really felt the lovely rat inside. RIP Munster, play hard at the bridge knowing that we were all pulling for you and that your new mom loved you with all her heart. :heart:

Don't know if this will make you feel better about the plug Munster had, but I do check Curley regularly and he didn't have anything yesterday at around 5pm and at around 9:30pm he had one about half the size of the one you found in Munster - so maybe he didn't have that one that long since Curley's accumulated so quickly. :cuddle:

Thanks for letting me know. Honestly, it might sound bad but the plug was the least of my concerns with Munster, mainly because I knew he was peeing quite a lot and frequently. I was honestly just baffled all around with Munster, because I just couldn't make all his symptoms add up. He seemed to be *very* thirsty near the end, and looked like he should have been getting a lot of water, but still looked a bit dehydrated. Then the upturns and downturns, the labored breathing, the completely limp tail at the end, and the way he almost look like he got bloated both times he declined badly. In the end, I just felt he was done, and I didn't have any good enough ideas to risk making him spend another night in that condition while I tried. My heart really, really wanted to, because I just didn't want to concede that I brought him here to have just a few weeks, but he just looked done.

Curley and Finn have been told when its there time to go and they cross the bridge to look for an old rattie named Munster that will look a lot like our GMC .... as he may need some friends over there and so will they. The rat pile is in the making our boys will meet up! :hugs: :heart:

I hope it wont be too soon, but it's a comforting thought. I can only imagine how wonderful it must be wherever we get to go. So many wonderful souls waiting there to greet us.

Back