Morgan - Pregnant?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mucky

iciafm.jpg

Ive been handling her and shes been coming out of her shell a bit but not as much as expected
She's been eating around 1.5x what my boys eat, her stomach is seemingly bigger but not, like, fat..
Also her nipples are pretty obvious.
The picture is rubbish, i apologize, If possible would anyone be able to tell me significant personality/behavioural changes of a pregnant rat,
I do hope that she's not, she's so small, I got told around 11 weeks, but she looks about 8-9 weeks, but just incase i would like to be prepared. I have a cage with a deep based cage which i will put her in on sunday, as i will need to thoroughly clean it as it is the boys cage (they got full cleaned yesterday, and im away tomorrow night - sunday morning)
qo7nvc.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Do you have a digital scale? If so weigh her daily at the same time everyday and record the weights, this is the most accurate way to tell you if she's pregnant.

I dont :s I have been trying to get one (not for this, just general rat care) but i have just now found a store that sells them, I dont have time to get it tomorrow so i will get it when i come back on sunday, Thank you Lilspaz :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that she's not pregnant.
How long have you had her? From the pic, I would say it doesn't appear so but he pic is a bit blurry.

I've had her 1 week yesterday, and i hope she isnt either but i read that sometimes they dont show until the last week? Maybe this isnt her last week :/

Still not 100%, but i am about 80%, she put on a considerable amount over night, still not got scales as my pay was messed up :/

2924mww.jpg

If she is she should be due any day now :(

Its a crappy picture, but she does look a lot bigger in real life, i got her 3 weeks ago this friday so it should be soon

And Rachael the first post explains it ;)

She's deffo pregnant, Just lightly touched her stomach about 20 mins ago and felt "lumps" couldnt have been anything else :/
She's starting to become a hermit crab too :/

Thought i would update for this morning,
Morgan is looking bigger, yet again, but also with regular handling (letting her walk from hand to hand) i can feel the lumps have shifted to her pelvic area, so should be tonight, tomorrow or friday morning :)

She's still quite small, as the pictures show, I only notice the difference because i saw what she was like before so i have something to compare it to, I do think it will be relatively small though

lilspaz68 said:
You should see or feel movement of those lumps within 12-24 hours of birth...praying for a small litter.

What do you mean by that? Before birth or after? I read they were really noisy after, haha
Thanks guys :)

Back