...Moncton SPCA girl had babies..they're gone!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I was thinking but hoping it wouldn't be the case....feel so sick to my stomach about it...I should have taken them :sad3: *sighs*

that is realy SAD :( to read . but given that when thay where emailed an phone asked about how the babys rats where doing and thay said what babys . :doh: its highly posable thats what happend!! :( verey :( :gaah:

We're going tomorrow to get the girl. I would like to take Henri too but I'm just worried about the funds to get him neutered. We have Leia going in for a tumor removal on the 22nd and Emily for sure has a Tumor so we'll have to get a date for her as well. So there's like 300 bucks or so right there...
Is there anyone that could possibly get Henri out of there?

Lindsay..... Email Heather and show her these pictures and tell her about the babies and now they are gone....see what she has to say. Don't be afraid to say you will kick up a big stink if this is not looked into. That these pictures prove that they are not on care fresh and that they are eating seeds........ IF they humanly disposed of the babies that is one thing....they may have decided to do this....I am not sure but to throw them out with the bedding....It can't be possible.

[email protected]

I sent her an email this is what I put.

Hi Heather,

I was by on the 14th to check in on the two rats that had been brought in. When I went in I found that Elizabeth, female rat, had 5 babies. I asked the two girls at the desk when she had them and they didn't even know she even had the babies who looked like they were around 2-3 days old. My girlfriend and I were debating on taking them because we were concerned about the conditions. They are being housed on Pine shavings which is dangerous for rats because the dust gets into their respiratory systems and makes it extremly hard for them to breath right also they had cat food in their dish.

I belong to a wonderful site on the internet called the Rat Shack and asked them what they think we should do about taking them in and one of the lady's on the shack emailed you. She belongs to a shelter in Brigewater, NS. She was assured that the rats were on Care Fresh which they are not. You can see in the attached picture that I took today that they are indeed on pine.

However being on Pine shavings and having them feed seeds(seeds are not good for them as they will only pick out what they lick which is usully the most fattening ones) is not the main reason I am emailing you today. I went back to the SPCA today to check on the mom and I found that her babies were no longer there. I asked the ladies at the desk what had happened to them and they had no idea.

I'm very sadden that they do not know what happened to her babies and I really hope that they were not thrown out when someone had changed the litter. I know sometimes mother rats will eat their young if they are dead or dying but those babies were a picture of health with great milk bands.
If you could look into this and find out what happened to those babies I would greatly appreciate it. I plan on going in tomorrow to adopt Elizabeth and possibly Henri as well. I'm just sick to think that I should have done this sooner and those 5 babies would still be alive.

Thank you for your time.
Lindsay

What do you guys think? Ok letter?

Sounds wonderful...........You did a great job. I was going to write one but I need to calm down first. I am a little upset to say the least......

I'm speechless... How much is a neuter there? Linds, could you take him if I were to pay for a neuter or will that be too many rats/over your limit?

It'll be interesting as to what she'll say to you Dahlas. I hope they're honest with you although she's already lied about the care fresh thing. Unless she doesn't go there and just get's someone to tell her about them then I understand.
I just feel so sick about this whole mess.

I'm speechless... How much is a neuter there? Linds, could you take him if I were to pay for a neuter or will that be too many rats/over your limit?

When I had called our vet before I think she said it was around 110 or so? I know that doesn't sound like a huge amount of money but it is when we have one surgery coming up on the 22nd for Leia and Emily will have to have a tumor removed as well. I found one on her a few days ago :( So she will have to go in soon too.
I think we could handle taking in two more I just wont' tell my mother because she'll freak out lol
Jo if you could pay for the neuter that would be amazing. I would for sure pay you back as soon as I am able too! We have a cage we can house him in until he's fixed so that's good plus an extra cage for Leia when she has her surgery.

Thank you all for writing back so fast and helping us with this. You have no idea how much we appreciate you all! *hugs all of you*

Yeah that's true I sure wasn't ready to have to do two tumor removals and a neuter!
I think I have paypal lol I haven't used it in forever I had gotten it when I used ebay. You guys are great. Any little bit will help for sure and I will for sure pay you back I promise! I really hate taking money from people.

Give us you paypal address, find out if you can receive money with it and we'll send you what we can. :thumbup:

Lets get that boy out of there!!! :cheer:

May I ask a quick question? Was someone willing to take those babies for certain? Were they accounted for? I don't need to know who, just if they had a home.
Thanks.

Back