Momo getting extremely thin [tumor related]

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are being very good with her! She's lucky to have you.

And I her. :D She's quite a lot more comfortable now, which is all I really wanted for her. I played with her for about 30 minutes a little while ago with this game we used to do a lot when she was young, and still to this day it's like a tradition of ours.

Momo's dream is to explore the room. Sometimes I sit near the bottom level of the CN and she repeatably hops on my lap to try to get down to the carpet. Sometimes I let her, since there isn't anything that could kill her unless I let her chew on a cable for several minutes, which will never happen.

It still amazes me how lively she is, even at her age with a massive tumour hanging from her chest and an owie in her cheek. She's truly special.

Not so happy update..

I brought Momo to the vet again because the baytril didn't make the lump shrink and her teeth were overgrown again, and after poking at it again... it would seem that the lump wasn't an abscess at all, but a tumour, because it was hard and didn't bring out any pus when she used the needle. Fiona gave me a new pill to crush and try on Momo but we're both pretty sure it won't work... She also gave me metacam to keep Momo comfortable while we try it.

I'm trying this pill for a week, but to me... this is a goodbye week, because if it doesn't work - which it almost certainly won't.... I'm going to seriously consider having her put to sleep, because I can't imagine a scenario where she's comfortable with that lump, and I can't afford to keep getting her teeth trimmed every week, which is the rate they grow without her able to chew hard foods.

It feels like I've been punched in the heart... because I was so optimistic since the last few appointments.. I thought it would be as simple as getting the abscess treated, and everything would be okay again... but some battles can't be won I suppose, and that fact devastates me...

I'm just going to enjoy this week with her and try to hope for the best.. but I don't feel too hopeful right now..

Back