Miraz lost a testicle?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, it's there but it is staying up there. He doesn't seem to be in any pain, he really seems fine. I was told there is a chance he could be herniated. But, he is oder, 25 months... so I think it's best I wait it out.

When I was at Melissa's, I definitely found the testicle. If he were a young rat, I would recommend a vet and surgical procedure to close what must be a hernia. But he doesn't look to bothered by it and didn't seem to be in pain when I was feeling it.
Keep a close eye on him, look for signs of pain.

Melissa said:
Nope, it's there but it is staying up there. He doesn't seem to be in any pain, he really seems fine. I was told there is a chance he could be herniated. But, he is oder, 25 months... so I think it's best I wait it out.

As long as he isn't suffering then I would leave it alone. I am getting Basil neutered next month... he won't have any balls to hide. :D

Great poem!!

jorats, two vets suggested removing the undescended testicles as cats and dogs that have that problem can later develop cancer. No one could find any research on rats with this problem.
btw, the our boys had not retracted one testicle each, the testicles had never dropped and were in their body cavities.

Back