Meet the new additions

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We introduced the girls to Stewart and Tucker yesterday - omg are they funny! Stewart is a big boy compared to them and everytime they would see him they'd squeal and run. If he got too close, they might pop him in the nose and run. I must video next time. However, Nala seems to have claimed him as her's whenever he came by her and one of her sister's appeared she would fight, box, and squeal at them. They were not allowed near the two of them.

LoL! yep - kangaroo-rattie:heart:

They are all such pretty girls. They just LOOK like girls w/o even having to check! Such feminine faces.

So what is it like now to have all your girls as compared to only having boys?

I definately find girls are more active, most concerned about building nests & the bad part -- are MUCH nastier than the guys.

They are insane! They get along with each other better - no fights (except when Stewie is around) They smell really bad - and one of them just pooped and its killing me! (They aren't in the rat room yet) Fast - super fast. Should of seen daddy trying to catch Nala yesterday (on our bed) she was having none of it. Their crazy we hear them bolting around the cage - they don't walk/run they jump and bounce. They have springs for feet. They are sweet and each has a personality.

Did more intros yesterday - added Wally to the bunch. Stewart seems to be getting a little better with being around rats. The goof is still scared of rats?! He likes the girls - they don't scare him as much. I think he likes to make them squeal. Its a game to him, walk up to them or walk past them so they squeal/squeak and run. Girls are getting better with him too. Its the nakies their not sure of..

I managed to squeeze a wheel into the rat manor. Maybe they can get rid of some of their energy.... They don't poop in liter box either, but rather in what fleece hideout has them enclosed, square, etc... guess they are modest.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjiKJzx-T4I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjiKJzx-T4I[/ame]

This crack head, which we named Belle, jumped 2 feet or more last night from daddy's back to the side of her cage WITHOUT warning. Al he felt was the push off. The were treated again last pm from mites since Belle girl as quite a few scabs and all seem to be itchy - which all means their boyfriends got dosed. Poor Stewart, who doesn't like rats, now is saying "the girls gave me cooties".

Sofia (the last one we haven't mentioned yet) has claimed the wheel. While her sisters would like to play/run on it - no, it belongs to her and she is the only one allowed to run on it. Although she did let Flora lay on it yesterday with her after a brief scuffle.

These are really sweet little girls..

She could qualify for a long jump event! What is in the water by you?

by the looks of it people who dont want rats. 5 to you, 4 to joe, 3 to alicia, 4 to emily......4 to velo.... So all these rats adopted are in Illinois LOL

How are they doing with the boys.

Back