Meet the new additions

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the berkshire girls is scared to death of something here. She was fine on the couch, but as soon as she went in the cage she has been standing on guard. She is standing on her tip toes, almost sleeping that way... Just had daddy take her out and he gave her kisses and put her under his shirt and she appears to be snuggling with the others now. Couple of these crazy girls - give them all sorts of nice places to sleep and they want to sleep on the chloroplast...

I think I have come up with names, just need daddy approval, but he is busy with rattie dinner at the moment.

The one up front w/ all the blk & white patches is a doll!

I picture her as a "Carlie".... :ilike:.... just sayin'

Last edited:
The one up front w/ all the blk & white patches is a doll!

I picture her as a "Carlie".... :ilike:.... just sayin'
I do like that name, but we're going with names of characters in Disney movies. We have a handful picked out just have to decide who fits which name. I have searched again and Carlie is not a Disney name. So far daddy has only vetod one of my choices Calliope

They did that here, scared for a few days then loosen up. They were also not a fan of the cage being in the living room took them a whole to adjust. they have been moved around a lot I am sure it has affected them. Been one hell of a month for them :) Cant wait to hear the names....

I do like that name, but we're going with names of characters in Disney movies. We have a handful picked out just have to decide who fits which name. I have searched again and Carlie is not a Disney name. So far daddy has only vetod one of my choices Calliope
Callie is not bad! :)

They did that here, scared for a few days then loosen up. They were also not a fan of the cage being in the living room took them a whole to adjust. they have been moved around a lot I am sure it has affected them. Been one hell of a month for them :) Cant wait to hear the names....

Great, now you tell me... they are sitting in the middle of the living room still scared to death!! A couple of them are standing on top of each other in a corner. They were absolutely fine on the couch - dang, they are fast little lightening bolts - omg... As soon as they went in the cage - they seemed terrified!! I figured they had a rough month being shuffled around. How old did we decide they are? 6 or 8 months?

Maybe if you put a sacrificial blanket over part of the cage for a week or two until they settle in, it will make them feel safer.
I put some fleece over the cage where four where hiding out in the corner and they did relax and lay down and bit. Even ate some treats that were in the cage.

Introducing........... three of our five new girls. These are the friendliest, fastest, most hyper rats..... You can put your fingers through the bars and they don't even nip.. The don't really walk in the cage, they bounce, like they have springs for feet.

This girl is so hyper I think she must be on a sugar high or crack... She sprints throughout the cage and is very photogenic.. Welcome, Nala...

and her photogenic sister, Flora

These two are always up and wanting to play or be photographed... Nala (left) & Flora (right)

The little stinker, although adorable with her dumbo ears is going to be a handful. She is a sneaky one ... Welcome Attina (w/Flora)

You guys will have to wait for the other two, they are not feeling photogenic yet...

Awwww those are not even the jumpers LOL little stumpy tail girl can really jump. I am very impressed with how sweet these girls are considering where they came from. almost all girls are hand friendly with a few that scream when you pick them up but that is mostly girls.

Awwww those are not even the jumpers LOL little stumpy tail girl can really jump. I am very impressed with how sweet these girls are considering where they came from. almost all girls are hand friendly with a few that scream when you pick them up but that is mostly girls.

Yes she is, she jumped from Al to the other couch across the room. We're gonna lost that one... :rofl3:

Back