Meet MY Teeny Tiny Hamilton Rescue Babies :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHA....I was thinking the same thing about their ears. So big and cute.
I am so new to rats I wasn't sure if I would be insulting Shel by commenting on their big ears. :lol:

They are all adorable. :heart:

Lisa

Zooy said:
Are they still nursing Shelagh?

They were never with their mother.

When I rescued them, I was told the mother had died. They were only 3 weeks old. So I had to give them ensure/baby cereal and teach them how to eat solid food! Haha.

Shelagh got them when they were about 4ish weeks old. I still have two here, though.

xxchelle said:
Zooy said:

When I rescued them, I was told the mother had died. They were only 3 weeks old. So I had to give them ensure/baby cereal and teach them how to eat solid food! Haha.

Shelagh got them when they were about 4ish weeks old. I still have two here, though.
and I have the wee boy, Roo!
He too is growing like a weed, and LOVES attn!

xxchelle said:
Zooy said:

Chelle, I think they were more like 17-18 days old when you got them...3 weeks on the Thursday you brought them down, and under 4 weeks when I got them on Monday.

Are your girlies growing like weeds too?

lilspaz68 said:
xxchelle said:
Zooy said:

Chelle, I think they were more like 17-18 days old when you got them...3 weeks on the Thursday you brought them down, and under 4 weeks when I got them on Monday.

Are your girlies growing like weeds too?

Well... I was roughly right. Hahaha. Yes! They're almost the size of Grace now. Even though Grace is growing, the babies are growing faster. Haha.

I had them out playing with the two Brantford babies I rescued, oh gosh it was adorable! They look like they could be siblings, their colors and markings are so similar.

DSC_7083.jpg

On the left is Giza, one of the Hamilton babies. On the right is Queen, the Brantford baby boy.

Woah! Queen has such a unique facial structure! I've never seen that kind of like, definite snout look on a rat before! All my boys are straight-nosed, but he looks positively adorable!

Argent said:
Woah! Queen has such a unique facial structure! I've never seen that kind of like, definite snout look on a rat before! All my boys are straight-nosed, but he looks positively adorable!

Queen is barely 3 weeks right? He's still got the stubby face of a nursing bub...the better to get closer to the milkbar with. They are adorable!!

lilspaz68 said:
Argent said:

Queen is barely 3 weeks right? He's still got the stubby face of a nursing bub...the better to get closer to the milkbar with. They are adorable!!

I would say they're JUST three weeks. We got them last Thursday, and they had just opened their eyes, so they were around 2 weeks last Thursday. So yeah, just about three weeks!

The bubbies are growing (4.5 weeks), becoming long and lean, and getting that plush coat they often get before they molt to an adult coat :)

Aella - 83 g
Nyx - 79 g
Theia - 68 g
Xanthe - 73 g

Aella
Aella3nov15.jpg

Aellanov15.jpg

Aella2nov15.jpg

Aellabellynov15.jpg

Nyx
Nyxbellynov15.jpg

Nyxnov15.jpg